Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See Oct 22nd listing above. 1958 20’ Skagit Classic Offshore !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my humble opinion, this is without a doubt one of the best restored Skagit boats around. I've been on the boat and is a perfect blend of power and hull form in a Skagit that was available. The power is new enough so that it is reliable and supportable.

If I had any idea a year ago that Chuck was going to sell it, I would've picked it up in a heartbeat. Now that I own four Skagits, it sort of limits my options.

I also went on a cruise up Lake Washington from Renton in it and the thing ran absolutely perfect even in a couple of feet a chop at a speed of 20 knots plus.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Dave, Thanks for the kind words. Options ???... Here's one....Why don't you go for Option B ? I would give you your money back on a trade in for the Skagit 18 that you purchased from me in April and i also would take in trade your new EZ Loader trailer and give you what you paid for that as well? then you just put all of your electronic stuff ( she has all new wiring ) and your new 90 Mercury on Bainbridge and i keep my Mercury 115 and your "old" Skagit 18 and new EZ Loader trailer? Huh ? Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck:

Thanks for your kind offer, but now I'm committed to getting the red boat put together.

Like I, a year ago I would've jumped at the chance but now with all engineering done the blue boat and the red boat will provide more than enough entertainment.

I am in fact looking for the information on the paint. I'm planning on driving down to the paint store today. I will probably call you on my cell phone when I get there.

On another subject, I purchased this weekend an ICOM IC – M92D. Today while I'm at the paint store, going to buy the speaker microphone accessory for it. This little radio in addition to being a waterproof floating radio, also has a built-in GPS which allows it to do the whole DSC – GPS number without any external support. I need to get an MMSI number for my radios. This thing is certainly one of the best pieces of innovative technology that I've seen.

Today while I'm at the paint store, will pick up a speaker microphone for that device.

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/produc...4/default.aspx
        Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Okay, Chuck, what's next? A vintage travel trailer restoration? Hope Bainbridge stays in the club. It is another Carey gem!
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Chuck:

Thanks for your kind offer, but now I'm committed to getting the red boat put together.

Like I, a year ago I would've jumped at the chance but now with all engineering done the blue boat and the red boat will provide more than enough entertainment.

I am in fact looking for the information on the paint. I'm planning on driving down to the paint store today. I will probably call you on my cell phone when I get there.

On another subject, I purchased this weekend and ICOM IC – M92D. Today while I'm at the paint store, going to buy the speaker microphone accessory for it. This little radio in addition to being a waterproof floating radio, also has a built-in GPS which allows it to do the whole DSC – GPS number without any external support. I need to get an MMSI number for my radios. This thing is certainly one of the best pieces of innovative technology that I've seen.

Today while I'm at the paint store, will pick up a speaker microphone for that device.

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/produc...4/default.aspx
            Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

What's going on Chuck? You didn't some life changing experience over the weekend did you??

This boat is absolutely amazing!!! If I had a place to put it I would grab it as my saltwater / crabbing boat (although Chuck probably wouldn't sell to me if he knew I was gonna get crab bits all over his amazing work...)
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Jerry,The ad is on the California board as well. Next i will put it on E-Bay like i did with the Farallon that went to CT. Craigslist will be after that. Yes, we might look into vintage travel trailers. We were into travel trailers back in the late 70's and 80's besides boats. And i do still have the Dorsett 17' Saratoga in the garage that i have been working on.

Brian, I have free storage in my 40' shelter ! No problem.

Comment

Just to let you know, Chuck, that Becky still is prohibiting fishing and crabbing from Rosario. Gee, she never mentioned shrimping... No, that isn't going to happen, either. :nono1:
                  There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Good !

Comment

Working...
                    X