1956 Skagit 20 Express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1956 Skagit 20 Express

Sorry for jumping on your last post ,Kelly.... http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/5645730447.html
    An iconic Skagit has come up for sale and can't miss mentioning it. Scott McDade of La Conner just put this up on CL. Along with what he's mentioned in the ad, this boat was altered by it's original owner (a cabinetmaker) to include a head cabinet, sink opposite that, and pop up "picnic" table as well as pocket stowage arranged around the area below windows in cabin. The Skagit factory heard of this boat and traveled to the owner's place and documented changes. Starting in 1957, changes mirrored this owner's creativity and craftsmanship ! Considering the present condition, that Scott's care has done to keep it as close to original, as well as power and trailer- good deal !
    Attached Files

I saw this first thing this morning! Awesome boat! I sure hope it stays in the state.
    I immediately saved all of the pics from the ad.

Comment

Hi,
      Do you know if this boat is still for sale?

Thanks,
      Rob

Comment

This boat was spotted Saturday in Olympia (by a classic Skagit spotter !) and it's assumed to have been sold, vehicle towing it didn't match the seller's truck and it was far from La Conner.

Comment

Originally posted by robb View Post
          Hi,
          Do you know if this boat is still for sale?

Thanks,
          Rob
          Hey Rob.
          I see your location, I am down in Veneta.
          Tell us what you are looking for and I am sure we can find things of interest
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hi Helmer,

We are still in the process of figuring that out. We have a West Wight Potter 19 now and are looking at switching to a little larger power boat. Even the same length gives us more room. We the idea of an older one with some styling to it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robb View Post
              Hi Helmer,

We are still in the process of figuring that out. We have a West Wight Potter 19 now and are looking at switching to a little larger power boat. Even the same length gives us more room. We the idea of an older one with some styling to it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
              Rob
              Really depends on what you are looking for as we have Skagits, Bell Boys, Uniflites, Dorsetts, pretty much anything that will turn someones head.
              Some, or I should say Most need work of sorts.
              Lots of restoration going on.
              I have several parked down here, 59 20ft Skagit with the Volvo Penta I/O. 60 Dorset Catalina, 59 Skagit Skimaster with the hard top, 58 Uniflite 17 foot with a 1967 Bearcat 4 cycle 55hp engine which all these are my personal boats.

In the shop is a very rare 1957 21 ft Bell Boy that is being restored for a friend and customer.

I am not sure our gallery is back to working but if you spot something, let me know and I will ID it for you.

Are you looking for a turnkey boat or something that you can invest some time in ?
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Rob- Great to know you're looking for a classic ! From time to time, turn key boats like the "Welike" pop up, but as noted previously, many need some updating or basic structural repairs, transoms, deck floors, etc. Check an earlier post titled 1957 Skagit, that boat may still be for sale and appears to be turn key. Seller hasn't posted contact info or price.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. We are just starting to look around. We like the idea of a turnkey boat. I don't have a lot of time for a rebuild. I can add things and keep up maintenance but not to much more.
                  I'll check out the other add. Did Welike sell?

Comment

Robb- yes, just got confirmation, sold to new owners in Olympia.

Comment

Alright! We're for sure becoming a Skagit town! That makes 5 that I know of

Comment

Here you go...
                        http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/5785615171.html

Comment

Working...
                        X