Free 1957 Johnson 35hp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free 1957 Johnson 35hp

P1010303.JPGjohnson58350006.jpgjohnson58350004.jpgjohnson58350002.jpgThink this is a 1957 35, not in running condition and I'd call it a parts motor. Several bolts are frozen but otherwise all there. Includes the shift and cables ! badge on front of cowl in bad, cracked condition. Somebody out there needs this engine, might even be a good project ?
    bruceb - four two five, seven 88, 4 four 2 seven. Must leave message and #. We don't answer !

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]14364[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14365[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14367[/ATTACH]Think this is a 1957 35, not in running condition and I'd call it a parts motor. Several bolts are frozen but otherwise all there. Includes the shift and cables ! badge on front of cowl in bad, cracked condition. Somebody out there needs this engine, might even be a good project ?
    bruceb - four two five, seven 88, 4 four 2 seven. Must leave message and #. We don't answer !
    I will check my motor as I am thinking its almost the same.
    I got mine from Marty and he pulled the electric start off of it for a different motor.

Let me check mine and see as that Does have a starter on it too ;-)
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Let me know if you want me to bring it down when I head that way should you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
        I will check my motor as I am thinking its almost the same.
        I got mine from Marty and he pulled the electric start off of it for a different motor.

Let me check mine and see as that Does have a starter on it too ;-)
        Boy Bruce. I was Way off.
        that engine I have is only a 25hp engine. I was able to dig it out of the line up enough to get numbers or anything off it.
        I don't think the parts would interchange either...Sorry.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Helmar- oh well, someone needs this. Did some research. Previous owner put incorrect year block "Johnson" when it should be a Johnson script style decal. Is definitely a 1958 35hp, short shaft, which measures 17" instead of newer ss (15"). No electric start. Thanks for looking !

Comment

Working...
          X