picked up this Homelite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up this Homelite

Picked up this homelite this weekend and shes a runner. Got 3 props with it and controls. Don't want to say the price don't want anybody crying.
    Dam haven't even got the numbers off it yet to ID the year.The hood is missing some emblems. Just have to install the swtchs and hook up steering
    Mike aka the pirate:boater1:
    Attached Files
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Good score Mike.

I am setting up a shop in Sandy Oregon so I will also be close to Supersportster and his bearcat collection... As soon as he is done (which I think is now) I might try and acquire a few extra. I have 2.5 of them right now.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I have one more homelite that might be a runner and a bearcat that has a rod though the block. Going to have to go out to storeage and see if the hood for the homelite has the emblems I'm missing on this hood.
      Got this one all wired and ready to take it out for a test run tomorrow.
      Mike aka the pirate
      Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

At one time we had several people using the Homelite/Bearcat engines but one blew up then everyone seem to abandon ship with them.

Fine by me, more available to me :BigHappy1:

Me, none of mine are for sale or any plans of even thinking about selling.

I even used mine in Salt water but used that Salt away every time I ran it in the salt.
        I really think I am done with the salt water venture as it just Destroys everything from trailers to the rims on my damn truck.
        I have things rusting from just the salt air which chaps my hide as well.
        Not used to that living East of Portland and at the base of Mount Hood.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 22129
          Good score Mike.

I am setting up a shop in Sandy Oregon so I will also be close to Supersportster and his bearcat collection... As soon as he is done (which I think is now) I might try and acquire a few extra. I have 2.5 of them right now.
          Yes I think I'm done...................oh wait there's two more out there I haven't inquired about yet, three more that I have looked at.........

Seriously, I hope to fire off the freshened up powerhead today. It has Tim's starter, manifold, and carbs so I hope nothing bad happens.........anger:

Then there's the other 85hp in Kentucky.......................................... .........
          Dick Johnson
          1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
          '57 Evinrude 18hp
          '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
          '72 Johnson 6hp
          '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
          '65 Homelite 55
          '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
          '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sportster, post: 22133
            It has Tim's starter, manifold, and carbs so I hope nothing bad happens.........anger:
            You're right to be nervous, that motor has bad juju. :donttouch:

Comment

Working...
            X