shift rod tight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift rod tight

I swaped the gear cases or the foot on my buddys Bear Cat and the only differance is the one I put on is from a short shaft. Check over on fiberglassics for my post on everything I did. And see if You can figure out what I did wrong.
    Mike aka the pirate:nono1:
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Been there done that. I cracked the gear case on the one I had several years ago. Got another after a lot of searching, complete with gears. It would not hook up correctly, just like the problem your having.

It's like they custom fit each one they made. Forget his name now, but I was getting the parts from the guy in CA. So I was being supplied parts by someone who knew the Bearcats. He swore up and down that it "should" fit.

I still like those engines, but you have to be a mechanic to own them, which I am far from being. Good luck Mike.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

well I'm enough of a mechnic to work on these just need more time to figure everythilng out. Every motor has its tricks for working on it be it car or outboard. So far I love these motors and the way they run. Give me some time and I will get it all worked out. I'm not so smart that I can't take some advice or help
      Mike aka the pirate

Comment

Ok I took it all apart and put it back togather and it shift now. Checked the rod and seal it goes through and couldn't find anything wrong. But it works so thats all that counts
        Mike aka the pirate:boater1:

Comment

Man, I hate it when that happens. You got it fixed which is the important thing !!:cool1:
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
          X