Four cycle engine tested.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four cycle engine tested.

Today, I went with Ben Mitchell down to Big Lake to get my propeller tested on the red boat. Seems that the propeller, four blade monster resulted in engine RPM around 5500 Max, which in the opinion of the expert was just about perfect.

That 18 foot boat performed exactly as expected and I was quite pleased. One running back over the wake at 40+ miles an hour it did slap a little bit. It will be a learning experience running that boat after spending half my life with heavy deep vees. Here are a few pictures of the boat in the freshwater.
    Attached Files
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Dave, Looking good ! Do you have any pictures of it zipping along at 40 ? Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck:

The dock on Big Lake is not very stable. So just as I was attempting to take a video of the boat some people walked on the dock and that basically ruined the video. I did manage to get a little of the picture and here is a snip from that video which is not very good.

The speed is probably 25 to 30 mph. I would guess around half throttle.
      Attached Files
      Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Dave, It does look nice zipping along there ! Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Yesterday, I scheduled an appointment with the sign maker to put the name and the numbers on the red boat. We had previously discussed the designs but needed to get the available space identified on the boat after putting it in freshwater.

I met with him today about 3 PM and was out of there by 430. He cut the sign out on his sign cutter, a machine that resembles a plotter, and was soon ready to assemble them on the boat. The sign was in two parts, black background and a yellow front. Because of the outboard there was not enough room to install a sign in the preferred place (the transom) and so both the name and the numbers at a be put on both sides as shown.

Here are a few pictures showing various stages of the assembly.
          Attached Files
          Dave

17 Skagit

Comment

Working...
          X