X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring tune up update

Who: All NWCBC Members

What: Spring Tune up at Lake Sammamish

When: Saturday April 10th any time after 10:00 AM till whenever.

Where: 2028 W Lake Sammamish Parkway South East, Bellevue, WA, 98008.
    1 mile north of Vasa Park,
    1/2 mile north of the little store.
    The stiletto is parked on the road at the top of the drive way.
    Back in only, there is no place to turn around, first in, last out.
    Or, park perpendicular to the parkway on the north side of the drive way.
    DO NOT PARK ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE PARKWAY! YOU WILL BE TOWED!

Phone 425-746-2713

Cell 425-890-6428

The house picture is a few years old. There are now two bulkheads, a dock, and a two story garage on the hill behind, but it should help for those coming by water.
    Attached Files
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Jack, I plan on arriving from the water, weather permitting. Could you put something bright out so we can find you, maybe some balloons or whatever. See you Saturday. We will bring some sort of salad dish. Is there anything you need us to bring?
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Steve,

All the dry weather you can carry.

Comment

tune up run

hey guys,
        where is the boat launch? and will there be other members there to show the way this will be our first event so really looking forward to it.

unknown year 10ft hydro
        1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

Ron, the launch is on the south end of Lake Sammamish. Take I-90 East to Issaquah. Take exit 17, Front St. Go left off the exit onto Front St. (North). This will turn into E. Lk Sammamish Pkwy. It's a little less than 2 miles to the launch. You will see signs pointing off to the left to the launch. It's $7 dollars to launch and park for the day.

As far as how to locate Jack's place, not sure, but we will find it. I'll probably launch at around 9:30. See you there, weather permitting. If this wind is still blowing, I'll probably not launch the boat. I'll wait and see what the forecast is on Friday.
          Steve Kiesel

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 10265
            Ron, the launch is on the south end of Lake Sammamish. Take I-90 East to Issaquah. Take exit 17, Front St. Go left off the exit onto Front St. (North). This will turn into E. Lk Sammamish Pkwy. It's a little less than 2 miles to the launch. You will see signs pointing off to the left to the launch. It's $7 dollars to launch and park for the day.

As far as how to locate Jack's place, not sure, but we will find it. I'll probably launch at around 9:30. See you there, weather permitting. If this wind is still blowing, I'll probably not launch the boat. I'll wait and see what the forecast is on Friday.
            ok cool steve i'll see ya there

unknown year 10ft hydro
            1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

Ron and Steve,

If this wind keeps blowing and the lake keeps rising there will be no dock to tie to.
              Last month when we held the slough race, the dock was 2' above the water. The lake is now lapping at the edges of the dock.
              The wind we had Friday through Sunday was laying three foot rollers over the dock.
              The five feet of exposed cobble has gone and the lake is once again breaking against the lower bulkhead.
              Pray for good weather, this January in April stuff is a bummer.

Comment

Thanks for the update Jack. Let us know Friday if you have a dock or not. If not, I won't be launching the boat.
                Steve Kiesel

Comment

Guys Need a 50 mph Landing Craft?
                  Might have to bring the SAFE hull so Steve and Chuck can tie-off with no damage.Guaranteed to never sink,I`ve tried.
                  It would make for a good temp dock.
                  The Gasworks/Fisheries supply Marine Swap meet is in the AM so I may be there later than 10 am,but still intend to come one way or another.
                  Tim M
                  Attached Files
                  unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                  15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                  SeaRay 175BR
                  Hi-Laker lapline
                  14` Trailorboat

Comment

I'll be there with my bib on. Probably ride my bike as I live by Bellevue College. That will help on the parking. Andy E.

Comment

Hey Jack, if the dock isn't usable is there a place to beach the boats? Or do we need to anchor and swim in?

Tim

Comment

Present forecast is high winds and heavy rain Wednesday and Thursday, and clearing Friday, Saturday looks sunny though cold.

The last storm rained heavily and steadily on Cougar,Tiger and Squak Mountains (commonly referred to as the Issaquah Alps), even when we had a few clear periods in the low lands, and that is where most of the water in the lake comes from.

Basically every dry day like the last two drops the lake an inch or so. The dock is above water as long as we aren't having 30 MPH winds and three foot rollers like last weekend. If that is the case you wouldn't want to be out boating anyway.

The cobble beach has disappeared due to the high lake levels, and the water is up to the lower bulkhead, so anchoring may be a good option. I have two smaller anchors on hand, good enough for an 18 footer, unless there are huge winds.

Your best bet is to check the weather Saturday morning and make your decision then, we all know the odds of predicting weather correctly in this area.

Luckily the Bar B Que works in wind and rain as does the Pit Master, and we have crammed 30+ people into our small house before, so no worries. As long as you don't mind eating standing up.

Comment

spring tuneup

Hi Jack: I'll be their after the swap meet by car. thanks jim brooks
                          Jim Brooks

Comment

Jack & Kathy, If the weather is decent, we will be there.eatingfood By boat.boater
                            Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Too dang cold for me. I'm passing on the launching of the boat. Will try and make it by land later in the morning.:Bigdriving1:
                              Steve Kiesel

Comment

Working...
                              X