Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Event: Alder Lake Treasure Hunt

Avast, me hearties!

The next event on our calender is the 3rd Annual Alder Lake Treasure Hunt. This years event promises to be filled with even more treasure hunting, pillaging, and swashbuckling' fun! The event is scheduled for the 22 of May. New this year, you must be a paying member of NWCBC to attend. The last two years have been a lot of fun and we hope everyone is as excited as we are for the upcoming festivities. We will be providing lunch, including beverages and dessert.
    A quick note on Alder Lake for those who haven't been there previously. Alder Lake can be found off of HWY 7 south of Tacoma, near the town of Elbe on your way to Mt. Rainier. They have a spectacular campground with everything from tent areas to full hookups. The boat launch has nice restroom facilities and a dock for easy loading or unloading. There is moorage available for day use and also for those staying at the park. The day use area is one of the finest we have found as a group. If you want more info. or to make a reservation here is the link: http://www.mytpu.org/tacomapower/par...rk/Default.htm

So mark your calendars, find yer crew, and prepare to sail under a pirate flag at Alder Lake. Let us know as early as you can if you will be attending and how many in your party including children. More details coming soon.......keep a weather eye out.

Heres a few pics of the past years event:
    Attached Files

Joe and Amanda, Would not miss it for anything ! Sheila and i will be there ! This will be Sheila's first trip out in " California Girl ". She think's it a cute little boat when it's just sitting in the garage. Wait till she goes for a ride maybe then it will not look so cute. Zooooom ! Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Cindy and I will be there too, looking forward to this one!

Comment

Becky and I will be there.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

This is the one we never miss. Might even bring a boat this year.
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Arrr!!!

Michele and I will be there for sure!! This was the first event we ever attended with the Chris Craft and we hope to have an even better time this year as we have learned a lot more about what the boat likes and doesn't like. We will likely have a hearty crew but not sure yet, will let you know as we get closer...

Now for a little pirate humor...

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants. Bartender asks, "what's with the steering wheel in your pants?". Pirate says, "Arr she's drivin me nuts".... irate:irate:
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Joe and Amanda, we'll be glad to be back home, count us in for this event, our first Alder lake visit!
              Kent & Diane
              '58 Westerner

Comment

...shiver ye timbers

Joe and Amanda, our ride will finally be ready... and we've got some pillaging to catch up on! Holly and I, plus bonus: my daughter will be home from college. See everyone there, please let us know if we can help in any way.

Comment

Carol and I are hoping to be able to make this one.
                  Hope to have one of the boats ready by then.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Alder Lake

Count us in for sure....we love the event.

- Marty and Mo
                    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 10825
                      Carol and I are hoping to be able to make this one.
                      Hope to have one of the boats ready by then.
                      'Bout time! We'd love to :surprised1: you guys there!

I think you need a little less :Underconstruction1: and little more :boater1:.

Tim

Comment

Joe + Amanda,
                        Hoping to join along with our two kids,Helen,9, and Emily 12 hope to fit this in their busy schedule.......Emily even has a Pirate themed play going on right now,a complete Pirate outfit is now in her wardrobe.
                        If they fail to show,then I`ll recruit another pair of Pirates.
                        TimMattson
                        Attached Files
                        unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                        15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                        SeaRay 175BR
                        Hi-Laker lapline
                        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Cheryl and I will be there. We camped there a couple years ago, and plan on staying the weekend this year as well. Very nice campground/dock. Looking forward to it!!
                          Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

The stars and moon must align that day, as the calendar was completely vacant for the 22nd!! I plan on being there with at least one little swashbuckler! If all works out, I will bring the Playmaster that has not seen the water since the 2009 Slough Run! Joe and Amanda, let us know if there is anything you need a hand with this year!
                            BRIAN FRANCHINI
                            LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Susie and I will be there , would'nt miss this one.
                              Greg James

Comment

Working...
                              X