No announcement yet.

Mayfield Lake event July 17,18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tim. I tried calling after I seen Chuck's post. But I couldn't get through. It's back to the county park then. I plan on getting there around 8:00, as I know it gets busy during the summer there.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Steve,

How fast does the park fill up? It's a long drive to try to get there early, when the missus isn't an early riser like me ...

Tim

Comment

State Park Ramp...?

What about using the Ike Kineswa State Park launch ramp? We overnighted there a few years ago and thought the ramp was pretty good. (Paved, with floats; not far from the Grotto.)

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I'am with Tim, I don't want to travel that far and find no parking. Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Mayfield event moorage problem

Chuck, I got home late and after talking to you on the phone and it was too late to talk to the person we have been in continual contact with at the resort. We did confirm as of today, there is no day moorage available for members even though we rented the lakeside gazebo (fishing pavillion) for the potluck. Last year we just winged it but I'm afraid this year they'll be watching for us. I tried to get the fishing dock for the afternoon but they want that for the restaurant guests only. I will know more tomorrow after talking to our contact directly. the moorage problem is frustrating to say the least.
            Kent & Diane
            '58 Westerner

Comment

Another Possible Solution....

We're happy launching at the State Park, and could simply anchor out in the protected bay next to the resort--(and others could do the same)--if members who have secured moorage space are willing to shuttle us to shore and back so we can attend the potluck...(?)

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Mayfield slips available to members

Hi Folks - So sorry for all the confusion. We spoke with the resort and they were very apologetic for what happened. Their policy during peak season is to only rent out boat slips for people staying at the resort. They are making an exception for our boat club members. Call Cheryl at 360-985-2357. Be sure to tell her you are with the Hodges party, and you can rent a boat slip for $20 for the day. She is expecting your call. Once again, be sure to ask for Cheryl when you call. She in not in on Tuesday and Wednesday.
                [/U][/B]
                We have paid for the fishing pavilion from 1-5pm and will have our potluck at 4:00. (Yes, there will be meatballs and smoked salmon!:eating1 The pavilion has picnic tables and electricity. Fishing derby prizes will be awarded at that time. We will also have a campfire (with "smores") at Dennis and Barbara Huffman's RV site #104), following the potluck.

Schedule (subject to change) Fishing throughout the day, up until 3:30, Grotto cruise 12:00 Noon; Gathering for potluck 3:30, Potluck 4:00, campfire following.

We will be communicating by VHF radios, on Channel 69, while boating.

We are in Cozy Oar Bungalow #7 (as you come down the road. Looking forward to seeing all of you. Sounds like a good turn-out is planned.:boater1:
                Kent & Diane
                '58 Westerner

Comment

Kent, Thanks for all of your help ! I called and left a message for Cheryl to call me back to confirm. Fishing derby prizes ? Do store bought fish count ? Best,Chuck

Comment

Chuck, That's called Safeway fishing. I used to do it all the time until Susie caught on when I came home with six little frozen trout in a sandwish baggy. I'm not tellin what I was doing instead of fishin so don't ask. :doghouse1::doghouse1:
                    Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 12097
                      Kent, Thanks for all of your help ! I called and left a message for Cheryl to call me back to confirm. Fishing derby prizes ? Do store bought fish count ? Best,Chuck
                      Nice try Chuck but I'd recognize a Mayfield trout anywhere. :Police1:
                      Kent & Diane
                      '58 Westerner

Comment

Mayfield Resort Docks

Kent and Diane -

So, just to clarify, I assume if we can pay for moorage slips we can also launch our boats there and park the trailers, too--maybe all for the $20 fee? (Or are their additional charges for launching and trailer parking...?) If you don't know the answers, that's fine--I'll just call Cheryl.

Thanks,

Marty

Comment

Mayfield resort docks

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 12105
                          Kent and Diane -

So, just to clarify, I assume if we can pay for moorage slips we can also launch our boats there and park the trailers, too--maybe all for the $20 fee? (Or are their additional charges for launching and trailer parking...?) If you don't know the answers, that's fine--I'll just call Cheryl.

Thanks,

Marty
                          I'm assuming the fee would include docking and trailer parking but It would be best to confirm it with Cheryl. The units and campground spaces include parking and there is an area for the boat trailers seperately but I'm not sure of extra parkingfor cars.
                          Kent & Diane
                          '58 Westerner

Comment

I talked to Cheryl about 7:30pm tonight. This is the way i said this to her............ She said she would not be there till 11am. So i said i would like to come and thank her after i PUT THE BOAT IN THE WATER. I was testing the "water " idea as far as the fact i would be launching at there place and not the state park. She did not come back with a comment. So i would say it's a go ! I use my card over the phone for $21.54 and that is for slip E21 as she said she was trying to keep us together. Best,Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by westerner, post: 12107
                              I'm assuming the fee would include docking and trailer parking but It would be best to confirm it with Cheryl. The units and campground spaces include parking and there is an area for the boat trailers seperately but I'm not sure of extra parkingfor cars.
                              I just got off the phone with Cheryl, the 20.00 (+tax) fee includes use of the launch ramp and vehicle / trailer parking. She said that we'll need to drop our trailers in the trailer parking area and park our tow vehicles somewhere else on resort property, they don't have room for parking tow vehicles and trailers together.

She said that she has set aside a group of slips for us so that we can dock together. Also, she won't be in until 11:00 am that Saturday, so we're to go ahead and launch and check in with her sometime after 11:00.

Kent, thanks for all your work putting this together, really looking forward to it!

Tim

P.S. Chuck, I'm in E20

Comment

Mayfield Lake directions

The address of the Lake Mayfield resort & Marina is ;
                                350 Hadaller Rd
                                Mossyrock, Wa 98564
                                Phone 360-985-2357
                                You can use Mapquest or Google or just follow these general directions to the lake;
                                About 10 mi south of Chehalis on I-5 take Exit 68 and follow Hwy 12 East for 16 miles. After crossing Lake Mayfield bridge turn right on to Winston Creek Road. Go 1.5 miles to Hadaller Road. Stay right at each fork of the road.
                                Other campsites and the State park are clearly marked by signs.
                                Looking forward to seeing all of you! The weather is looking really good, not to hot and generally dry so far.
                                More details to follow.
                                Kent & Diane
                                '58 Westerner

Comment

Working...
                                X