Mayfield Lake event July 17,18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy neighbors!

We will be in slip E-22. Just coming down for the day.
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Regretably we will once again be missing out on this spectacular event. Michele will be back to work that weekend, and I just bought a hot tub so now I have to build the deck to house it... Domestication is a real bummer...

Happy motoring and have safe, fun, time!!!!

:boater1:
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Mayfield additional details

:boater1:
        Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 12091
        We're happy launching at the State Park, and could simply anchor out in the protected bay next to the resort--(and others could do the same)--if members who have secured moorage space are willing to shuttle us to shore and back so we can attend the potluck...(?)

- Marty
        If our quota of slips are all taken or you are staying at another lake location, and you still want to come to the potluck, anchoring out in front of the marina would be a great option. Thanks for the idea Marty. I would be glad to provide shuttle service and I'm sure if there is enough interest other members would give me a hand with it.

I'm not sure of who has the Classic Boatclub signage but maybe they would be kind enough to bring it along.

The plan is to assemble out in front of the resort marina sometime as near to 12:00 as possible. Greg James with Genevieve has agreed to once again head up the grotto cruise so follow his lead.

If you haven't made reservations but would still like to come don't forget to check the resort for last minute cancellations, they do happen frequently.

Diane and I will be staying at the resort Friday and Saturday nights in Cozy Oar cabin #7 with slip #E-23. The boatclub slips are located on the float directly in front of the boat launch and we are all together so far thanks to Sheryl at the resort office. Evidently she won't be in the office until 11:00 but I believe they issue car passes so you'll need to check in. Parking is at a premium at this very popular resort and I remember them going around checking on cars periodically.

If I forgot anything please let me know. Lets go boating! It's finally summer!:boater1:
        Kent & Diane
        '58 Westerner

Comment

Got a Moorage Slip....

We'll have our boat in Slip E-18, so no need to anchor out or launch elsewhere. I'm guessing we'll make it to Mayfield Resort by 10 a.m.-ish, eager to go fishing and run around the lake a few times.

Hope to get fish slime on those white upholstered seats. (Sorry, Chuck, I know it's disgusting...)

- Marty and Mo
          http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty, OMG ! ....Blood and Guts in that very nice and rare Skagit ? Best,Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

No Guts, No Glory...

Chuck -

Yeah, if we're lucky enough to catch some big, slimy trout, that newly-upholstered engine cover will make a great fish-cleaning workstation. The guts can just dribble down the pleats and onto the carpet, which should absorb them nicely.

(Yesterday, while shopping at QFC, I ran into the guy I got the boat from. He offered a faint smile when I mentioned we were going fishing this weekend in his prized runabout. But then, he suddenly didn't look too well and muttered something I couldn't hear as he headed for the organic veggie section.)

My knives are dull, so the vinyl should hold up fine.

- Marty
              Attached Files

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Strange, I get the same kind of reaction from Becky when I suggest we take Rosario crabbing!
                There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Marty, that sure is one fine looking boat!

JERRY,CRABING ! OH MY GOD, WHAT'S THIS WORLD COMING TO. You might as well stack the crab pots on the deck.

Chuck

Comment

:shocked4:

Geez, are you guys trying to give Chuck a heart attack? He'll have nightmares tonight about crab pots on Rosario, fish guts on white upholstery, and probably even someone walking on the deck of the G-3 in their SHOES!

Comment

G-3 Deck

Tim -

I've been looking forward to Mayfield, since Chuck promised I could take the G-3 out to see how fast it can turn inside the Grotto. Gordon Davies said he's looking forward to playing Chicken with his boat and the G-3, so we'll see how that goes. I figure that with my logger's boots on the mahogany dash, I'll stand a good chance of scaring Gordon off-course at the last second....but if not, Chuck knows how to do fiberglass repair.

I'll try to remember to leave the worms in the other boat, but we may bring the ice chest with slimy trout and beer when running the G-3. We lost the ice chest lid, but it might not tip over...at least not until the first high-speed turn.

- Marty

Comment

But seriously, before you crash Chuck's G-3 into Gordon's boat, I wanna beg a ride in your Skagit!

Tim

Comment

Hey, Hey, Be nice ! Marty and Tim i promised you both you could drive her sometime. Being it's going to be nice day this weekend i 'am really looking forward to the lake. Marty, Did you tell me you have not driven one since high school ? That was my case when i got California Girl. I think this is about the smallest and fastest boat i have had so far. Sheila thinks the G-3 is "cute" then we will see , but wait till all 65 horses kick in. Dr Frankenmerc has a 85 hp Merc with T/T for me, but that will go on the Skagit 17' which will have a VERY cool feature never seen before on a Skagit 17' i don't think. Chuck

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eh6dv32dmc"]YouTube- Glasspar G3 "The Corvette Of The Water Way's" 300 pic's[/nomedia]

Comment

G-3 Rides

Chuck -

Yes, the last time I drove a G-3 was probably in about 1959, when I was a Sophomore in high school. Now I'm a Sophomore out of high school, still wanting to go fast in a G-3.

(I'm sure we can take a ride in the 17 Skagit inboard, too...once the fish slime is swabbed out.)

- Marty

Comment

wait for me

It sounds like a lot of fun at the Lake, I would like to join in even though I forgot how to fish lakes. Last time I fished in a lake was 45 years ago. I quit because either there was no fish or I didn't know how to catch them. Same result no matter what. I will be arriving late on Friday 930 or later and they suggested I launch when I arrive. I will be in boat slip E31 and staying in Johnson Terrace room 403 which is in the new wing!

Kent what do you suggest I bring to the potluck, I'm not much of a cook? I don't mind having MS Safeway help with the cooking.
                              1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                              1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                              1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 12170
                                It sounds like a lot of fun at the Lake, I would like to join in even though I forgot how to fish lakes. Last time I fished in a lake was 45 years ago. I quit because either there was no fish or I didn't know how to catch them. Same result no matter what. I will be arriving late on Friday 930 or later and they suggested I launch when I arrive. I will be in boat slip E31 and staying in Johnson Terrace room 403 which is in the new wing!

Kent what do you suggest I bring to the potluck, I'm not much of a cook? I don't mind having MS Safeway help with the cooking.
                                Diane says most people like fruit so a fruit tray or something like that would work. Actually anything will work though, hotdogs, anything.

Lowell, I'll see if I can't scrounge up an extra fishing rig for you. I don't trout fish much either since I retired so I don't really know what i have as far as gear is concerned. Salmon, clams and crabs are my quarry now. Fresh trout and spuds are sure great for breakfast though. Thats my hope for Sunday!
                                So glad you can make it!

Sounds like you are staying in the Executive suite! Cool.
                                Kent & Diane
                                '58 Westerner

Comment

Working...
                                X