LaConner show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaConner show

The LaConner show will be coming a week from next Saurday on the 14th of August. I hope many of you will attend. This show is not put on by any club. It is a LaConner event. We should have a good showing of Skagits since some more have been found and they are a LaConner boat. All makes are welcome. We hope to have all boats parked by 10:00. Cost is $15.00 and you can have multiple boats for the same $15.00. It will be helpful if you will e-mail me at cstrobe7@msn.com if you are coming so I can get an idea how many boats will attend. Last year the docks were full of boat on the water with tours, 150 cars and 19 trailer boats. Hope to see some of you. Clint

The LaConner show is a week from today. The weather is supposed to be good. Hope some of you can make it to the show. We will have lots of cars, boats on the dock, and a trailer boat show with mostly fiberglassics. This is not a judged show and boats in all stages of repair are welcome. Would love to have a blackberry boat. A great way to support our hobby. Clint

Comment

PLan on coming down with Rosario but will be tied to dock at the Channel Lodge if weather is right. Otherwise, will trailer it down and put it in the show.
      Jerry
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

I plan to be there with the little one......
        Attached Files

Comment

Clint, if you are looking for a more or less a blackberry boat my Skagit 17' Express should work. I will be selling it soon so if you would like to use it at the show that would be fine. I will bring it up Friday and leave it in the upper parking lot as i can't come up on Sat am before the show. If you need to move it around in the lot ,please be my guest. I will pick it up around 5pm Sat after the show. If it would be alright with you, i would like to post a flyer on it saying it is for sale for $375.00 boat only . I also have Thom Adams (Dr Frankenmerc) at this time checking out a 85hp Merc with t/t for for me and that will be up for sale as i will not need it after all for only $1750.00 ( will not bring that ) that i have already purchased from him. I hope this will be alright with you listing these at the show. I have decided to go in another direction in this crazy hobby. Best,Chuck
          Attached Files
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thanks Richard and Chuck for bringing boats to the show. We now have 18 boats that are scheduled for the show and quit a few more possible so it should be a good show. The more the better. Clint

Comment

LaConner boat show

Barbara and I will be there on Friday night in the motorhome and boat in the upper parking lot.

Comment

I need the address for the upper parking lot so I can program my gps

Comment

Clint,

Once again a great job of putting together a great event. Wow and an awesome collection of Skagits, a few very nice Bell Boys, Ric Kasnoff's Delmar, and Richard Young's G3. Jerry and Becky arrived on the water with Rosario. Bill Roberts was kept busy fielding questions and inquiries of the where abouts of both turnkey and project Skagits. It was great meeting people who we only see through various sites, putting a face to people and the boats. Another highlight of the show is the get togther for dinner at the Farmhouse Restaurant. But the best for Mary and I was cruising out to Hope Island with Doug Griffith and son Dillion spending the night anchored offshore. Mary and I motored over to Cornet Bay Sunday morning to pick up Bill R and not long after our return to Hope Island and Doug and son another Skagit came motoring up,black and white Skimaster with owner John SeaBeck. It was interesting listening to John and Bill R discussing Skagits. He spent almost an hour visiting before heading out Deception Pass and sending water conditions report to Doug. I think Mary, Fearless Fred(our Yorkie) and I would have liked to spend another night at Hope Is. Hope I am able to post a few photos.
                  Melanie
                  Attached Files
                  1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Skagits (and more) in the house

Perfect weather-glad it went well, great showing for classically styled machines.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Melanie, nice job Clint!

Comment

Thanks for the great pics Melanie. We were hoping to show off Rosario (with her new cushions and "throne" cover but couldn't drag people from the show. Guess everyone is pretty well acquainted with her from the Chuck C. years. My camera was malfunctioning so, it seems, besides a couple of Rosario shots, all I got was the Greyhound and two car pictures. Next year we'll probably trailer her down. We ran down from Lummi Island with two other boats (not classics but the people who own them are). Had a very bumpy ride home. Took us 2 hours from dock to dock and 10 gallons of fuel for roundtrip with the 50 hp. 'Rude.
                      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

15 Seconds of Fame

The classic trailer boats were the best part of the show. I was dissapointed in the low number of cars, and the classic boats afloat didn't fill the float like in years past.
                        I did see Jerry in Rosario heading home when I was on the float. :GoodJob:

Now the BEST part is seeing my Admiral in the middle of the 6th picture (in the white shorts) probably telling me I can't get another boat. jibberjabber Some would say you got my best side.

Again good job guys & gals

Comment

Great Time!

Thanks for the warm welcome Clint, Had a great day talking boats and meeting some new folks with our shared affliction. Always nice to put names and faces together! I sort of goofed and left my camera at home, next time. I'm afraid this hasn't helped with my thoughts that we need to have a cabin boat live at our house. Time will tell. - Ross
                          Ross Henson

Comment

Clint, Great boats, fantastic weather and a lot of hard work from you = a great event. Thank you Melanie for the pictures, they are especially appreciated by the people who did not attend.
                            Greg James

Comment

I didn't see any pictures of elusive John Nelson and the Tyee ?

Good turn out, gives the public something to dream about as well too see.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen
                              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                              X