Restoration Workshop Delayed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration Workshop Delayed

We've been scheduled to put on a boat-restoration workshop on Saturday, October 9, but as we get closer I'm realizing it'll have to be postponed since we'll be in the process of moving our boatshop during the entire month of October--and "Chaos Management" might be the only topic we could discuss at that time.

Probably the best plan will be to offer the workshop early in the coming year, as folks are starting to think about getting old boats ready for the coming season. (Considering the mess to be moved and organized, it's easy to see that we won't be totally functional and ready for workshop guests until at least the end of November...and at that point it makes sense to delay until after the holidays.)

We're building a new pole-barn shop next to the house here on Marrowstone Island. It'll be incrementally smaller than the one we've been renting for the past 5 years, but with some mercenary shedding of "keen junk" I'm vowing that it'll be cleaner and better organized. (Yeah, and I'll never drag home another rotten boat--ha!)

Stay tuned for a big garage sale at the current shop, probably in mid-October. Boats, motors, hardware, tanks, windshields, you-name-it!

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Hey Marty,

When your packing up, I'm still Looking for the trim piece that covers the starboard end of the rub rail on the Bell Boy. If you see one set it aside for me.
    Attached Files
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Marty, sounds like you need to throw a moving party. Seriously, if need any help, let us know when.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Moving Party

Steve -

Hey, great idea!

This could be the only moving party where you get beer AND free boats for helping move stuff.

(At least it's a short-distance move, from one side of Mystery Bay to the other...)

Thanks,

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 13261
          Steve -

Hey, great idea!

This could be the only moving party where you get beer AND free boats for helping move stuff.

(At least it's a short-distance move, from one side of Mystery Bay to the other...)

Thanks,

- Marty
          Have truck, will travel. And as luck would have it, I like beer! Work out the date.

Kent
          Kent & Diane
          '58 Westerner

Comment

Tom Sawyer

Marty, it is great to hear that you are building a shop @ your place. I probably wouldn't be much help with the relocation, but am looking to purchase a 4-banger I/O setup that you wouldn't have to move if you happened to have one...

Comment

I can't do any lifting or carrying, but I have truck w/hitch, let me know when.

Comment

I have a truck, plus a 12ft flat bed trailer. The trailer would work good for loading an hauling some of the heavier items. Like Greg's motor.
                Steve Kiesel
                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Me too ...

I have a truck with a hitch and could possibly borrow a utility trailer. Let us know when! :Bigdriving1:

Comment

Were in as well! Our truck is yours just say the word.

Comment

I'm in!

Set a date.... Consider it payback for the gas delivery service off of Point Defiance!
                      -Ken

Comment

Have truck w/ hitch and utility vanagon with cargo room... and anyone who was at lake tapps poker run this year knows how much I love me a good beer!!!
                        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Breaker breaker Lil Buddy It sounds like we got us a convoy. :cool1:

Comment

Many Heartfelt Thanks!

....Just a note to let all of you know how deeply we appreciate the offers of help. The beer will be Port Townsend Brewing's finest, and we'll serve a variety pack of Ferino's Pizza to all comers. (Soft drinks, water and coffee will also be available.)

I'll post a Moving Party announcement as the date approaches, but right now I'd guess around mid-October.

Thanks, again!

- Marty and Mo

Comment

Moving Workshop

Hey Marty,
                              Sounds like a "Moving Worshop" to me....with some on the fly bartering and "parts with stories".
                              A neighbor said he`d like to come "graze".
                              Empty hitch and truck I can offer.Maybe you`ll lighten the load.
                              TimM
                              unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
                              15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
                              SeaRay 175BR
                              Hi-Laker lapline
                              14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
                              X