Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Meet Heads-Up!

Hey Fellow Boat collectors,
    Earlier heads up this time,the spring Swap Meet at Fisheries Supply`s (in Seattle)parking Lot will be on April 4th this year.Getting up early(try 2-3 am if you want to get a spot to sell) is always worth it,bring Food and warmth as it gets chilly in the wee hours of the day.
    Getting a spot in the Sun always gathers a good group of peopple who seem to gather in the upper lot and helps keep the feeding frenzy going.

We also could take over a parking spot or two as a group and Co-op the event as it pays to have extra eyes watching stuff for sale as well as giving some time to browse the other people`s piles.

I see more people on Cell phones price-checking and even calling "homebase" for internet price checking of higher end stuff.
    Prices vary thru-out the day and some items sell multiple times before leaving.Early risers can leave by 9 am or earlier and others sleep in a arrive well-rested and then slide right into a prime spot as a veteran leaves.Doesn`t always work but better to be lucky.......asking "how much?" as someone is about to leave is a great ploy to save some bucks.Some walk away from their pile as packing it up and bringing it home never works (after you buy someone else`s stuff of course....)
    The Fisheries store also rolls up a big door and blows out one-of new items at great prices.The Cleaner wax can be bought by the GALLON.....for $10.00,this alone is worth the trip.

A NWClassic Boat Club Banner would be nice to hang along with some cards or contact info.We could gather some new members and spread the joy.
    Might be nice to put this day on the Events Calender,even if just for info.
    I have filled an old hull full of booty ,lined up engines across the transom and then filled my truck ,but smaller stuff seems to sell better as walking and packing is a drag for most.Handtrucks and dollies are a way to seal some deals.The sale is pretty much dead by Noon or so.
    Anybody wanna tag-team the event?.... or show up and say Hello.
    Tim M
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

I'll see you there Tim, as you know i'm always a lurker...
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

I might make an appearance too...batten down the hatches!

Comment

2 Week Warning-Swap Meet Coming soon!

Hoping to see the usual suspects at this anything-goes event.Time to sell,buy and barter for that trincat you need to top off that old classic.Or in my case,time to clear the garage some more........
        Should be a good time,weather is always an unknown but we face the same deal with boating.
        TimM
        call for details on the meet, 206 965 0628 cell or post a reply here or.....read my first post with most info you`ll need.
        SeaRay 175BR
        Hi-Laker lapline
        14` Trailorboat

Comment

Turns out I may or may not be in town that weekend after all...still juggling things around. Dang it

Comment

Wait a tick, isn't the swap meet in Seattle on the 11th and not the 4th? Just did some googling and what I could find were some Craigslist ads all pointing to the 11th, and also came across one for a swap in Edmonds on the 4th. Color me confused.

Comment

Update
              Yes, the Fisheries Swap Meet is April 11th. I just went to the Fisheries website and in several places was the date APril 11th., 09

McSkagit
              Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Swap meet real date! April 11th

Sorry to screw up the date,kept getting last years and not this years.....April 11th,real deal.
                Saw the Banner displayed while shopping late last week at Fisheries.....hope nobody woke up early and went down.
                Been working away on Ken`s Tyee,lost track of days.
                Lowell, you now got a 2nd chance!
                Next Week at Gasworks,April 11th.See you all there!
                Tim M
                SeaRay 175BR
                Hi-Laker lapline
                14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
                X