Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking forward...

Hey guys,

I have blocked out July 16 & 17 as the new day to cruise the Willamette with all y'awl. It sounded like the mini consensus was a go...is that so??

We have a competing schedule conflict that can be killed now if this is the date.:fishing:
    Attached Files

Comment

Bummer, with this event unconfirmed for July 16, I had to commit to another family event. We will try to make this cool trip solo sometime this summer.

Comment

Is the Willamette cruise a go? It seems to have lost its momentum.
        Robert Augur

Comment

Robert, That is a good question. Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

have boat, will travel

Hey Robert and Chuck,

Our family plans have changed to early August, so the weekend of July 16 is once again open. Let's make this an unofficial event, if nothing else.

It would be great to get as many boats/friends to show up as possible, but Holly and I plan on heading down South with boat in tow regardless. Cruising through Downtown Portland and up the Willamette should be a great trip. Any suggestions from PDX'ers on possible routes/attractions, and places to eat and stay Saturday night would be awesome.
            Attached Files

Comment

OK, official or not I am planning on having the Express 25 out and about. I am moored on the Columbia (just under the I-5 bridge) so I will rendesvous with you guys at the St. John's dock and run up as far as Portland, where we will dock for the afternoon. A run from Columbia to Oregon City is too much $$ for me as I am running the 312. Another cool run, albeit a long one, is to run the Columbia down to St. Helen's and then return via the Multnomah channel. That is a day trip as well. There is an island park dock at St. Helen's for lunching.

Let me know what you think.
              Robert Augur

Comment

I just got done looking at the stats of our club and it appears that we have a fair amount of members in just the Portland and Gresham area alone.
                I know we have members in Sandy, Boring, Beaverton and other Portland Metro areas.

What is to stop the Portland area of putting on their Own event ????

Anyone in the Portland Area want to put together an event ?
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Crowded Events

Robert -

I absolutely love the Willamette River cruise, or any cruise on the Columbia-Willamette, but our problem is the crowding of events and other plans during that period.

We'll be participating in the Tacoma Vets event the previous weekend, and the South Sound cruise is the weekend after the scheduled Willamette River cruise...but our personal plans are to leave for South Sound a week early--right in the middle of Willamette River's schedule--and have an actual vacation cruise (that'll end after the July 23-24 weekend). It's been way too long since we've stayed on the water for a week+, so we'll be aboard the 1959 27' Luhrs sea skiff...just potting around the placid waters of South Sound all week.

Really sorry to miss the Willamette event...

- Marty and Mo
                  Attached Files
                  http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty, The Luhrs sea skiff sure is looking great these days. Best,Chuck

Comment

Greg And Robert, We will be going to my sister in law by Fox island with the boat July 4th and the Tacoma Vets event and South Sound that in itself would wipe out my "slush" fund for gas ( thank goodness for the 4 stroke ) for the car and boat. That adds up to 4 weeks in a roll that i would be going southbound on I-5 if i included PDX. Maybe next year. Chuck

Comment

I'll have to pass on this one too, too many things to do and not enough time. I'll be finishing our kitchen cabinets while you guys are cruising the Columbia.

Comment

That'll teach you to be so handy! I'm going cruising tomorrow because I haven't the skills to build or repair anything! I knew that would pay off some day!
                          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

fresh water cruising...

Hi Robert,

I hope that more guys from down South will speak up. Your Columbia through Multnomah route sounds awesome, but I promised Holly that we would cruise through the city. Once our bigger Glastron is ready, I would love to hit the Columbia most any time. Looking forward to running with your big Skagit if possible. Is there a good launch closer to where you are moored??

Like Joe mentioned, there are a lot of guys on the board that might be considered local to PDX. Time to send up some signal flares:HandHorn1:

Stole this video from youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWWQAFEUEXI&feature=related"]YouTube - ?Willamette River Cruise 2005?‏[/ame]

Comment

So, besides Slo-Mo and myself, is there anyone interested in running the Willamette on July 16th? Poor Slo will be lonely as I will only be running to Portland and he will be all alone down to the falls.

So, speak up Portland/Vancouver classic boaters. Who is in???
                              Robert Augur

Comment

Run cancelled due to lack of participation.
                                Robert Augur

Comment

Working...
                                X