No announcement yet.

March 27th--Snohomish River and Sloughs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowell- Won't be available for that one unfortunately. It's one of my favorite events too, sorry to miss it.
    Kent & Diane
    '58 Westerner

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 15630
      I'm happy there is interest in the trip, it is always more fun to go with a group. I'll post more details as March 27th draws near.

Steve too bad you're moving We'll miss you.

Greg L. I have heard stories of your fleet and the good work you do, just not sure anymore, I hope one them babies will be ready by the 27th.
      Glad to see the interest level, wouldn't miss this one Lowell. If for some reason our Glastron isn't available, the Stiletto could be, or worst case the 15 mph max. - Bryant cabin cruiser is sitting on the bench waiting for the first string to get injured.

In fact, I guarantee we'll be there.

I too will miss Steve when he heads South to his mining claim, perhaps Boeing could be persuaded to raise the retirement age? keeping him around for a while longer.

Comment

Richard called a little while ago to complain about being made sport of and having his seamanship skills maligned, and said that if he knew how to work that infernal computer machine he'd give us whippersnappers what for, by golly. (I don't know what that means ... Jerry or Chuck C, can you explain it?)

I volunteered to protest on his behalf and he said that would be fine, and also asked me to tell you guys that he'd love to make this cruise as long as someone brings a tow rope ...

Comment

"I too will miss Steve when he heads South to his mining claim, perhaps Boeing could be persuaded to raise the retirement age?:shocked4::shocked4::shocked4: keeping him around for a while longer." I agree that Steve leaving the area sucks (congrats on the next part of your life Steve). But to blather on about extending the retirement age @ the Lazy B is HERESY! Even the mere thought sends a deathly chill down my spine! Really Greg, a flogging is surly warranted!:shocked3::BigWink1: Gordon (still 7 years away from retirment) DaviesVeryBigSmile
          Attached Files
          Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

I agree Gordon, bite your tongue Greg. I actually won't be retiring until the spring of 2012. I'm able to work virtual, so I convinced my manager that I could do that from Bend as well as I could from here. This way if the move costs me more than planned, all I have to do is work a little longer.

Besides boating, mining is one of my other hobbies. No claims in Bend, but I will be closer. Three hours instead of seven hours. But I'm only minutes from some fantastic lakes for boating and fishing.

Looking forward to the river run, sure hope we have decent weather. Regardless, I'll be there.
            Attached Files
            Steve Kiesel
            1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Lowell, I ment the G-3 will get up over 35 . She does not suck that much gas.

Tim, I don't know what Richard means ???? Ask Jerry as he is older,And i might look REAL old , but i'am not that old yet....That's why i don't want to be looking out the living room window and wondering what i'am going to do the rest of my life now...maybe if ...Humm.

Jerry, I want to wait to take the Skagit 20 out in open waters for the first time to get the feel of it.
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by halffast32, post: 15658
                I agree that Steve leaving the area sucks (congrats on the next part of your life Steve). But to blather on about extending the retirement age @ the Lazy B is HERESY! Even the mere thought sends a deathly chill down my spine! Really Greg, a flogging is surly warranted!:shocked3::BigWink1: Gordon (still 7 years away from retirment) DaviesVeryBigSmile
                Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 15662
                I agree Gordon, bite your tongue Greg. I actually won't be retiring until the spring of 2012. I'm able to work virtual, so I convinced my manager that I could do that from Bend as well as I could from here. This way if the move costs me more than planned, all I have to do is work a little longer.

Besides boating, mining is one of my other hobbies. No claims in Bend, but I will be closer. Three hours instead of seven hours. But I'm only minutes from some fantastic lakes for boating and fishing.

Looking forward to the river run, sure hope we have decent weather. Regardless, I'll be there.

Man, if only you corporate guys had some time to develop a few hobbies...:GoodJob::fishing::catchfish1: :fishing::email1:

Comment

Greg, you need to look into time management and setting priorities.

I tried the self employed route in the late seventies. :NoWay1: Pro's and con's for both. Whatever floats your boat.
                  Steve Kiesel

Comment

Gold Rush!

Happy Birthday Steve!

See you on the river...

Comment

Thanks Greg.

And a Happy Birthday to Jack as well.
                      Steve Kiesel

Comment

Steve same here, Have a Happy Birthday ! You too Jack. Chuck
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Greg

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 15650
                          Lowell, I would love to go but my boat might not be ready by that time. I still have a fare amount of work to do on it. We will see how much I have done by that time.
                          Greg, I thought you were doing a paint job, how many layers are you putting on? If you do too good of a job you may worry about scratching it when it slides off the trailer and into the water. What else are you doing to it? If you need help let me know. Lowell
                          1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Hell, I slept though these...Been sick
                            Happy Birthday guys...
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen
                            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Trip is still on.

The Snohomish River trip is still on, same plans as posted before. I will fill in the details in a few weeks. I hope by March 27th the sun will be out and it will be 48 degrees warmer. This will be my first trip in 2011, really looking forward to getting out and seeing everyone on the water. Lowell
                              1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                              1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                              1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

getting the lead out...

Right on, Lowell!

We are looking forward to finally reaping the benefits of this boating obsession. With all of the great deals available right now, I now have a choice between 2-Polaris 120 horse powerplants, or running the presently installed 93 hp mill.

It is nice to have such choices...

If we make no other events, the two river runs are top priority.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X