March 27th--Snohomish River and Sloughs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 27th--Snohomish River and Sloughs

I would like to go on another outing on the Snohomish River this year but start at the 10 Street Boat Ramp in Everett and cruise up to the Town of Snohomish. On the way back to Everett we will explore some of sloughs towards Marysville. I'm inviting anyone to join me if they want, it will be tide dependant so it is a 9 am start and we will finish around 2 pm. You should have enough fuel for 4 to 5 hours of running and be able to do 15 knots.

Some of the sections of the River we will be going slower due to no wake zone or the possibility of logs.

For anyone who has not been on this section of the River, it is very interesting---old rundown marinas, tired fishboats, rusty coastal frieghters, farm country with cows, reeds and cattails, unlogged Islands and yes a seal or two.

Is anyone interested in going?, If I'm going alone I'll go on Monday the 28th the tides are a little better. Lowell
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Count me in

Sounds good Lowell, this is a great cruise and I'll plan on making it.

Tim

Comment

Lowell, That will be fine on Sunday the 27th. 15 Knots ? i don't know if the G-3 can keep up that pace all day with only 12 gal's. Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

lovin' the river runs...

Right on Lowell! I'm in, but I refuse to ride with the Commodore again.:nono1:

At least one or more of our fleet will be ready for this cruise.

Comment

I'm winging it here by not checking with the master schedule(r) at home, but I will say count us in!:boater1: It's always been a great little outing, and we were kind of let down when it wasn't on the calendar this year.:cool1:
          Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Count me in Lowell. We are going to be moving out of state this spring. So I would like to get together with the group as much as possible early in the year.

I did this trip with Gordon and Cheryl a couple years ago. We had a great time cruising the river, looking forward to it.
            Attached Files
            Steve Kiesel
            1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 15622
              Lowell, That will be fine on Sunday the 27th. 15 Knots ? i don't know if the G-3 can keep up that pace all day with only 12 gal's. Chuck
              No worries Chuck, the Homelite will use about two gallons all day, so just bring some oil and I can pump you some gas out of my tank. VeryBigSmile

Comment

I'm happy there is interest in the trip, it is always more fun to go with a group. I'll post more details as March 27th draws near.

Steve too bad you're moving We'll miss you.

Chuck you will go far with the amount of gas you carry, you did it last year in your G3, what changed?

Greg L. I have heard stories of your fleet and the good work you do, just not sure anymore, I hope one them babies will be ready by the 27th.
                1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Told Becky that trip is what I want for my birthday. She said "Really? It could be cold and rainy." Put us down. If she balks, instead of bringing her, I'll pack some gas along to help Chuck C. and try to bum a ride. If he brings the Skagit Offshore with the 4 stroke, I won't even have to bring oil! BTW, do we dock in Snohomish for lunch or pack one to eat as we go?
                  Jerry
                  There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Jerry and Richard

There is no dock at Snohomish, there is a beach but it is 1/2 mile out of town and you have to walk through a cow pasture to get to the road.

I recommend water and a lunch.

Richard will you be surprizing us like you did last year? I remember you were silently drifting through the reeds in some back water slough up north towards Marysville.
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Ah yes ... The Rescue ...

We're never going to let Richard live that one down, eh?
                      Attached Files

Comment

This seems like a good opportunity to disconnect the battery tender and give the old boat a bath. I have to see if the better half will be working that weekend or not, but I am going to try to make this event happen, may just have to go solo in the Havoc... :boater1:
                        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Count me in!

We planned on this cruise last year but were unable to attend. Looking forward to going this time!! - Ross
                          Ross Henson

Comment

Don't know if the new/old boat will be ready by March, but if it is this would be a good shake down cruise. Time will tell.
                            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Lowell, I would love to go but my boat might not be ready by that time. I still have a fare amount of work to do on it. We will see how much I have done by that time.
                              Greg James

Comment

Working...
                              X