Snohomish River Sloughs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snohomish River Sloughs

On November 6th, (Sunday) the tide is high at 1:45 pm; this is perfect for running the sloughs between Everett and Marysville.

Here are the details--- total miles will be about 30--in sun or light drizzle--speed will between 12 to 20 knots--lunch and bathroom break will be at a city park in Marysville which has a dock to tie up too.

There are two sloughs that we will travel on and maybe on the river itself, then at 4pm we will return to Rotary Park in Everett which is up the River some so the salt content is very low. This extends the life of those old trailers.

If you are interested in going, your boat needs to be in the water and ready to go by noon. (the tide waits for no one). The boat launch is at City of Everett Rotary Park 3505 Lowell-Snohomish Road Everett WA, 98203.

Let me know if you are interested in going, I ran the sloughs last week and there are a few fishermen on them but 95% of them are in the River. I did run over a number of floating sticks (maybe those were fishing poles) so having a spare prop is a good idea.

I changed the date from the 5th to the 6th.
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Sounds great Lowell, Holly and I will see you there.
    Attached Files

Comment

---Wow----

That looks like a rocketship, I hope you are bring that to the launch. It's a show peice.
      1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
      1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 19667
        That looks like a rocketship, I hope you are bring that to the launch. It's a show peice.
        Thanks Lowell, it has been fully sorted - over a dozen missions...and is ready to hit the slough along with the brave few.

If weather were to be an issue, I was considering bringing our Merc powered Glastron mothership, but have been looking forward to running the river in the jet.
        Attached Files

Comment

The date is changed.

The Annual Meeting is scheduled for November 5th, I don't want to miss that. I'm going to change the date of the Slough Run to November 6th and hope it will be sunny and warm.
          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

date change

Damn! Can't make it on Sunday the 6th, we'll catch up with you guys another time.

Comment

slough run

Hey Lowell, I'd like to go for a guided tour through there. Funny how the view changes with the tides . Sorta easy to get turned around in there (or so Ive heard)... and we did find our way out! I repowerd my BellBoy with a 60 hp Yamaha Made quite a difference! Found one with power tilt and trim, that was traded in on a new Honda. I ran it around on Lake Stevens and I'm more than ready to run it again!
              Attached Files
              Ross Henson

Comment

Ross, don't tell me, Les was the co-pilot. :shocked4:

Sweet looking motor, I like it. Should make the Bellboy fly for sure. Where you hanging the Homelite now?
                Steve Kiesel
                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Yardman, post: 19747
                  Hey Lowell, I'd like to go for a guided tour through there. Funny how the view changes with the tides . Sorta easy to get turned around in there (or so Ive heard)... and we did find our way out! I repowerd my BellBoy with a 60 hp Yamaha Made quite a difference! Found one with power tilt and trim, that was traded in on a new Honda. I ran it around on Lake Stevens and I'm more than ready to run it again!
                  Wow, no more Homelite ... I'm sure "made quite a difference" is an understatement. What made you change, did it have anything to do with being one of three boats running Homelites on the last Snohomish River run and being the only one that made it back under its own power?

I'd like to make this trip too, hope to see you guys there!

Tim

Comment

I found a small crack in the lower unit of my Homlite just above the skeg when I was changing the gear lube. Looks like it was repaired somewhere along the line. My dear wife suggested maybe it was time to update with somthing a little newer, and I was thinking maybe a little more salt water friendly... I always got along good with the Homlite, it's on a stand at rest I plan to fix it for another project BellBoy waiting in the wings.
                    Tim: I know I owe you a ride with a Hommie that is working as it should but it looks like it might be a bit till I have somthing to hang it on!
                    Steve: I guess you know Les, its always an adventure with him! Some time ago before GPS, cell phones (or any advanced planning) The tide went out and the fog rolled in and we spent an afternoon (and evening) wandering around before we stumbled back to the boat launch in Marysville.
                    Sure looking forward to the next time on Sunday the 6th! - Ross
                    Ross Henson

Comment

Originally posted by Yardman, post: 19753
                      Tim: I know I owe you a ride with a Hommie that is working as it should but it looks like it might be a bit till I have somthing to hang it on!
                      Ross, please (PLEASE) feel free to come over to my place and select a boat to hang it on. I can offer you a selection which ranges from a 14' Skagit to a rare 19' Bell Boy 404 Sedan Convertible. Of course the Homelite would practically sink the Skagit and would do nothing more than troll the Bell Boy, but the price is right!

DISCLAIMER: The above statement is meant as comedy, satire, humor, etc. and should not be interpeted as a negative or disparaging statement regarding, or discrimination based on, a Homelite's capability, desirability, race, creed, political affiliation, place or person of origin, or sexual orientation. It is up to each individual to determine the suitability, or lack thereof, of a particular engine for a particular purpose. Results vary based on conditions, usage, expectations and other circumstances beyond the control of any indivual, organization or other, unspecified entity. Individual experiences will vary. So relax.

Comment

Tim, don't tell me what to do!!! Oh, and have a great day!
                        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 19756
                          Ross, please (PLEASE) feel free to come over to my place and select a boat to hang it on. I can offer you a selection which ranges from a 14' Skagit to a rare 19' Bell Boy 404 Sedan Convertible. Of course the Homelite would practically sink the Skagit and would do nothing more than troll the Bell Boy, but the price is right!

DISCLAIMER: The above statement is meant as comedy, satire, humor, etc. and should not be interpeted as a negative or disparaging statement regarding, or discrimination based on, a Homelite's capability, desirability, race, creed, political affiliation, place or person of origin, or sexual orientation. It is up to each individual to determine the suitability, or lack thereof, of a particular engine for a particular purpose. Results vary based on conditions, usage, expectations and other circumstances beyond the control of any indivual, organization or other, unspecified entity. Individual experiences will vary. So relax.
                          Nice disclaimer
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 19761
                            Nice disclaimer
                            Glad you liked it.

Are you relaxed?

Luv ya Bro!

Comment

slough

Originally posted by Lowell, post: 19654
                              On November 6th, (Sunday) the tide is high at 1:45 pm; this is perfect for running the sloughs between Everett and Marysville.

Here are the details--- total miles will be about 30--in sun or light drizzle--speed will between 12 to 20 knots--lunch and bathroom break will be at a city park in Marysville which has a dock to tie up too.

There are two sloughs that we will travel on and maybe on the river itself, then at 4pm we will return to Rotary Park in Everett which is up the River some so the salt content is very low. This extends the life of those old trailers.

If you are interested in going, your boat needs to be in the water and ready to go by noon. (the tide waits for no one). The boat launch is at City of Everett Rotary Park 3505 Lowell-Snohomish Road Everett WA, 98203.

Let me know if you are interested in going, I ran the sloughs last week and there are a few fishermen on them but 95% of them are in the River. I did run over a number of floating sticks (maybe those were fishing poles) so having a spare prop is a good idea.

I changed the date from the 5th to the 6th.
                              Hello Lowell
                              Count me in . I love the slough, What boat to bring ?
                              Ingvar
                              the SWEDSTER ?
                              Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Working...
                              X