No announcement yet.

Snohomish River Sloughs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote="Lowell, post: 19654"]On November 6th, (Sunday) the tide is high at 1:45 pm; this is perfect for running the sloughs between Everett and Marysville.

Here are the details--- total miles will be about 30--in sun or light drizzle--speed will between 12 to 20 knots--lunch and bathroom break will be at a city park in Marysville which has a dock to tie up too.

There are two sloughs that we will travel on and maybe on the river itself, then at 4pm we will return to Rotary Park in Everett which is up the River some so the salt content is very low. This extends the life of those old trailers.

If you are interested in going, your boat needs to be in the water and ready to go by noon. (the tide waits for no one). The boat launch is at City of Everett Rotary Park 3505 Lowell-Snohomish Road Everett WA, 98203.

Let me know if you are interested in going, I ran the sloughs last week and there are a few fishermen on them but 95% of them are in the River. I did run over a number of floating sticks (maybe those were fishing poles) so having a spare prop is a good idea.

I changed the date from the 5th to the 6th.[/Q

Hello Lowell , please advise of the directions form Hwy 5
    Ingvar ingvarswedecarlson@yahoo.com 206-434-9482
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Head Count

The weather forecast looks good overcast and about 50 degrees. gloves, coat and a hat and you are set to go. Remember daylight saving is this saturday night. If you forget you will be ready 1 hour before the rest of us. So far Ross and Ingvar are interested in going.
      1956 Enduracraft Monterey
      1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
      1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

The place to be???

Lowell, we are dodging raindrops to get a roof on a house this weekend - but will tarp this sucker and run the Snohomish with you guys, IF the club can pull together commitments from at least six classics to join you for the last cruise of the year.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about that.

Greg, (Slo-Mo)
          So far there are only 3 boats that are going to show up, too bad for you because it is going to be sunny, beautiful fall colors and should be a lot of fun. Darn anyway I wanted to see your boat.
          1956 Enduracraft Monterey
          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

up on the roof

Thanks for planning this run Lowell. We hope the weather is as good as the forecast for you guys.

Holly and I plan on taking the Glastron out next week for run #13 of the season, before mothballing for the year.

Stay warm...

Comment

Bet you guys had a great time on the river. Got a sunburn on the roof in 50 degree weather???

Comment

Skin cancer sucks

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 0
                Sunburn? Are you sure you weren't just red in the face from the exertion?

hilarious...

Sporting SPF 50 sunscreen even on overcast days now. No wonder many career felter's faces look like baseball mitt's after all that exposure.

Comment

Slough

What a great day on the Snohomish slough area. We had a fantastic time . I cheated a little. Put a catalitic heater under the bow so we where toasty warm all day long. I plan on touring this area a lot next season. Thanks to Lowells expertice of this area.
                  We found a faily new 21' cruiser that was scuttled and I called it in .
                  they asked for some GPS readings. Ya Right. 2 miles up-stream of the lauch ramp . So with that our patrol headed out with pumps to
                  do their thing.
                  Hope to see more of U in this area next Season. I am heading South to play with my Century Woodie in Calif. Have a great Holiday
                  Ingvar the Swedster.
                  Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

Comment

Working...
                  X