San Juan Islands for a day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait for me.

I didn't realize there was still interest in the outing, until I logged on around 930 PM. I will be at Smokey Point rest area at 1130 am on Saturday unless I hear the group is not interested in going due to weather.

The planned route was to go up along Lummi then swing west to Matia Is., stoping at Vendovi is a possibility too. Maybe we should go up the East Side of Lummi, haven't done that in years.

The plan is still to launch at Washington Park at 1 PM, but I plan on slinging in and boating over to meet everyone.

It appears it is an overnight adventure.
    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell, Looking out the window on the E. side of Lummi. Currently calm, not raining (although it has during the night) and a balmy 61 degrees. Should be room at the Lummi Island Scenic Estates dock for another boat and the price is right. Chuck C. and I talked last night and he and Greg might visit us. The more the merrier, I say, since I almost never make it to the club outings that I think I'm going to.
      Jerry
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Right now where I am there is no wind, but it's still drizzling and the fog is so thick that I can only see that my boat is still floating.

Comment

What's a little fog. I would expect it to lift by the time we get there around 12:30 or so at Anacortes ? Then it should be clear and 80!... positive thinking.

http://www.islandcam.com/friday_harbor.html
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Stan, Thank you very much for the heads up. I might call you a little later.
            Greg James

Comment

Raining pretty good inland

Raining pretty good in B'ham and since I have not tested my new out drive yet - Think I'm going to wait till Sunday and put it in Lake Whatcom for a test run. Hate to get out in the middle of B'ham bay and find out I have an issue. :nono1:

As they say in the Pacific Northwest : " Maybe it will clear up next weekend ? "
              Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

9:30 a.m. weather update from E. side Lummi Island. Very low cloud but can see under it to Bellingham 7 miles away. 65 degrees and calm seas.

Comment

Thanks Jerry, hope to see you on the water.
                  Greg James

Comment

11 a.m. weather from E. side Lummi Island. Water light ripple, sun shining through hole in clouds. Temp 66 degrees. Not a bad looking afternoon. I could put the coffee on if you come to our dock. Not sure if I'll launch. Getting things ready for a visit from Tim Mattson tomorrow to work on outboard.
                    Jerry

Comment

Saturday SJ Islands?

If any of you venture out to Friday Harbor, I'll be around. Could meet you somewhere... i'll monitor ch 09 VHF.

McSkagit
                      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Have to charge up the camera before posting pic's. Chuck

Comment

Here's some pictures of last Saturday as Greg James and myself leaving home as we do live about four houses apart around the corner from each other to meet up with Lowell Lorenz at Smokey Point rest stop on I-5 before heading to the San Juan Islands. There are some pictures of Jerry and Becky LaRorie where we stopped for a refill of coffee great pasteries that Becky made up for us at their very nice home on Lummi Island. After leaving, some pictures under way of us stopping off at Sucia Island for the night. Great sunset ! Sunday the weather improved quite a bit as we made a stop at Jones Island and Friday Harbor ( Sorry Tim we did not see you posting Saturday as we had already left ) for a short stopover. Last few picture are on the way back thru Peavine pass and over to Cypress Island and Guemes Islands via Rosario Straits ( water was a little rough as expected ) and taking the boats out at the sling in Anacortes. Overall weather was not all that bad Saturday , but Sunday was the best day of all with nice and sunny weather and even got a little sunburn ! Chuck
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice bunch of pics Chuck. Looks like you guys had a great time in spite of not the greatest weather. Appreciate your coming to visit us. Now that Tim M. has our outboard working well, we expect to spend a lot more time on the water.

Comment

I really had a great time and it was an especially great time for me because I had never been in the San Juans with my boat before. A special thanks to Lowell and Chuck for showing me around. I am looking forward to the next time we go. I took some pictures with my cell that I will try to post soon.
                              Greg James

Comment

Next time since we "roughed" it this time,i think it would be fun to go to Lopez Island / Friday Harbor and stay in a motel there. Some of us did that back in about 2006 on Lopez ? and had a great time. Chuck

http://www.lopezfun.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X