No announcement yet.

San Juan Islands for a day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched you go by in Bellingham Channel on your way back to Anacortes and wished I could have come out and joined you, at least for a few minutes. My boat was already sitting on its trailer though. A few days earlier we watched a pod of orcas travelling pretty much the same route, although they didn't go to Anacortes.

Comment

Hotel sounds great.

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 22680
      Next time since we "roughed" it this time,i think it would be fun to go to Lopez Island / Friday Harbor and stay in a motel there. Some of us did that back in about 2006 on Lopez ? and had a great time. Chuck

http://www.lopezfun.com/
      The pictures turned out nice, Chuck thank you for being the trip photographer, I had a good time traveling with you and Greg. If I'm the one leading the trip next year to the Islands I think staying in a Marina with a hotel is a good idea. That way people who want to stay on their boats can and the others can go inland.
      1956 Enduracraft Monterey
      1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
      1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Sounds good to me. I enjoy roughin it but Susie might be a little more enthusiactic about going next time. Great time Lowell, I might even like to go again sometime this summer. Yuo are a great guide.:Good one:
        Greg James

Comment

Lowell, That was a fun trip even if the weather was not perfect on Saturday. We could go up between the 14th-24th of August this year again when Jill from GSG club in California comes up with her family. They will be staying in Friday Harbor. Btw my camera lens broke when it jamed up and the battery when i was trying to take the pictures of our boats at the sling. Must have been those ugly boats that did it. lol ! Just order another one. Yesterday i installed two single bow rails on the front deck so a person can have something to hang on to when jumping off the deck onto the beach or putting the anchor out. I was thinking of another standard bow rail from Railmakers in Everett but after thinking about it , it is kind of hard to climb over them as well. Now that i have the Merc with T&T i really don't mind bringing the boat up onto the beach and after all , all i have to do when getting back home is to touch the bottom up a little. Thanks for taking some pictures of Bainbridge for me ! Chuck
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
          X