Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason Lake - Open Event, Sept 22nd

Howdy all.
    This being our last boating event of the year on our Calendar of Events, this will be a Open Event.
    This is a Family and Pot luck event in a beautiful park that was acquired by Dr Frankenmerc for us. Please bring something for the table.

Typical park rules, dogs on leash, pickup the mess, same with the kids

If you own a classic boat or engine, we would like you to join in the fun.
    No judging, wood, glass, aluminum, wind, all welcome.
    (This is Fresh water so All classic boats, (Jack, getter wet))

I myself can't think of a better way to end a wonderful boating season other than to meet with new friends.
    If you think you might want to join in, please, let us know.

More information and Directions to follow.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Sounds Terrific!

Perhaps someone could make up a suggested menu.

Otherwise I'll just raid the local deli, hoping we don't end up with 6 buckets of macaroni salad or worse potato salad.

I usually bring a refridgerator pack of Coke and 7-up to these things.

Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Originally posted by DMCI, post: 23603
      Perhaps someone could make up a suggested menu.

Otherwise I'll just raid the local deli, hoping we don't end up with 6 buckets of macaroni salad or worse potato salad.

I usually bring a refridgerator pack of Coke and 7-up to these things.

I think you have the right idea, if you think you can make it let us know and post what you think you might bring...

We are hoping to make it but it depends on baby and mama...
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Park Address

The address of the park is 500 East Mason Lake Drive West, Grapeview, WA 98546. We usually start arriving around 10:00 AM. I don't have good directions to post, I use online mapping and print out the map / directions.

This is a pot luck event, please bring a little extra food to share if you can, along with enough paper plates and utensils for your party and a serving spoon / fork for your dish. In the past we haven't organized a menu and it's turned out fine. If you're planning on cooking at the park it's best to bring a portable grill as there isn't a grill near the dock / beach, which is the favorite place to eat. There are picnic tables near the dock where our boats will be tied up, and there is a nice soft sandy beach for those who can beach their boats.

The parking area for your tow vehicle and trailer is to your left as you're driving toward the launch ramp, please start parking on the end of the row furthest from the ramp and fill in from there, as close as is practical so there is room for everyone. If you're coming and not towing a trailer, please try to park in a place that isn't big enough for a vehicle with a trailer, if you can.

There is plenty of area to the right along the log vehicle barriers to prep your boat for launch, usually there are folks waiting at the dock to help you launch and tie up so the ramp moves pretty quick.

Unfortunately, as others have posted, it looks like this will be the last year we will be able to use this facility. This is an awesome place and this event has been the highlight of the season. The weather always seems to be good for this event and it's pretty special to have exclusive use of the dock and beach. Many, many thanks to Thom Adams for arranging use of the park for us this year and in the past. :GoodJob:

Comment

Helmar,
          First Happy Birthday you old Sea Dog! :GoTeam1:

I was hoping to bring some cool weather and rain back with me fron Alaska, but the best I could do was a bad head cold.
          As for gettin her wet, she sits under a tarp beside the drive way just as she was the day I came and got her. Those 1 7/8" holes will not allow launching at this time.

I may make a run down to Mason, sans boat on Saturday, it depends on how I feel.

I have a shop permit from the county I am told, so things are moving in the right direction. I may have a place to work this winter. The old lake house is in escrow, so I can ship Rhapsody south before the rain gets bad; and that leaves me with just one boat to store in the shop once it is built.

Come on May 16th 2013, I'm ready to retire now, work is piling up here at the new homestead. I have a pile of cleared black berry vines the size of a dump truck and I'm working on the trailer. You should be able to see the fire from Quilcene once we get some rain.
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sammamish1, post: 23657
            Helmar,
            First Happy Birthday you old Sea Dog! :GoTeam1:

I was hoping to bring some cool weather and rain back with me fron Alaska, but the best I could do was a bad head cold.
            As for gettin her wet, she sits under a tarp beside the drive way just as she was the day I came and got her. Those 1 7/8" holes will not allow launching at this time.

I may make a run down to Mason, sans boat on Saturday, it depends on how I feel.

I have a shop permit from the county I am told, so things are moving in the right direction. I may have a place to work this winter. The old lake house is in escrow, so I can ship Rhapsody south before the rain gets bad; and that leaves me with just one boat to store in the shop once it is built.

Come on May 16th 2013, I'm ready to retire now, work is piling up here at the new homestead. I have a pile of cleared black berry vines the size of a dump truck and I'm working on the trailer. You should be able to see the fire from Quilcene once we get some rain.
            I meant to bring Rhapsody down to the Fresh Water VeryBigSmile
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Looks as the weather is going to be Great for the Mason event everyone.:Skipper1:
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Mason Lake Rendezous

We are thrilled to attend this Mason Lake Rendezous....our first one with our Sande Ace. Jan made a large homemade deep dish apple pie to share.

I am charging up the Ace's battery right now and did a temporary fix on the transom....popped some screws this week while on a quick spin in Lake Washington eariler this week.

Looking forward to meeting attendees!

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Looks like the weather may treat us well.
                  I'm bringing a 1958 14' Skagit sportster with 1957 Evinrude 35 Lark. It should be a fun spin around the lake with all these classics !!
                  See you there ! (with a name tag)
                  bruceb

Comment

I am rolling out now and heading up from Sandy Oregon.
                    See you all soon..:boater1:
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I was totally rained out before leaving driveway, even waited to see if some part of the 3 hr drive was going to dry out the water from the earlier part.....oh well !
                      bruceb

Comment

Mason seems to have always given up her good weather to us. Like today.
                        Over cast, warm and No rain.

Thanks again for all the Web Members that showed up to enjoy this event today. Its great to meet new people :Skipper1:

As always, I had a wonderful time and more than worth the trip.
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Mason Lake Rendezous

Wow!

What a great day. The weather cooperated. Water was warm and calm, the boats were fun, food was great. What a fantastic location and most of all, delightful and friendly folks.

The Rendezous was in a word, perfect!

Thank you to all who took the time to organize it!

Kindest Regards,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb, post: 23717
                            I was totally rained out before leaving driveway, even waited to see if some part of the 3 hr drive was going to dry out the water from the earlier part.....oh well !
                            bruceb
                            Sorry Bruce, would have been good to see you but, Yes, crap shoot until someone got On the lake to see what it was doing.

We ran into the mist or drizzle on our way in but once at the park, all was well.
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Mason Pictures

Here are a few Mason event photos compliments of Dave DMCI
                              First set of two.
                              Not a lot of on the water photos of boat running, so, this is nice
                              Attached Files
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X