La Conner boat show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Conner boat show

The La Conner show will be August 9th. Trailer boats can register the day of the show.
    good turnout last year, hope for the same this year. Great time to talk boats. Clint

Originally posted by strobee, post: 27673, member: 7
    The La Conner show will be August 9th. Trailer boats can register the day of the show.
    good turnout last year, hope for the same this year. Great time to talk boats. Clint

Clint, Will be there ! ! Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I got the invite in the mail and honestly cried a little... Declan's birthday is the 8th and I am sure we will be doing a party Saturday the 9th... I will not be there this year, unless by chance Michele's work schedule forces the party to Sunday or possibly the week before or after...
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Clint!

Just got word from Michele that we are doing Declan's party in Sunday the 10th and her mom will be out from Delaware again and just wants time with Declan... So I have been cleared to bring the Chris Craft to the show again! I am trying to convince my father to bring his boat up, since he hardly gets it out of the shelter anymore... But since they will be coming to Bellingham Sunday he's not sure he wants to drive up and back boats days...
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Looking over the past threads on this show, it looks like there's always a great turnout. I hope to be there this year.

Comment

My plan tentatively is to bring the 14 Skagit and park it with the 31 Skagit if it is there. I think would be a great contrast to have it displayed as the largest and smallest of the deluxe Skagit. It has a new 40 hp Merc on it. By then I should have lights installed and other safety equipment. If I can just find what I did with the Hull plug.

What do you want to bet that they charge me as much as they do the 31 footer?

[ATTACH]15811[/ATTACH]
            Attached Files
            Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
            16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
            17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 28030, member: 40
              Clint!

Just got word from Michele that we are doing Declan's party in Sunday the 10th and her mom will be out from Delaware again and just wants time with Declan... So I have been cleared to bring the Chris Craft to the show again! I am trying to convince my father to bring his boat up, since he hardly gets it out of the shelter anymore... But since they will be coming to Bellingham Sunday he's not sure he wants to drive up and back boats days...

Comment

Brian have your Dad stay over til Sunday and make it one trip. We can park his boat

Comment

Originally posted by strobee, post: 27673, member: 7
                  We'll have one boat, Clint. Not sure if it'll be the 20 Express or 14 Sportster !
                  bruceb

Comment

Originally posted by DMCI, post: 28052, member: 1896
                    My plan tentatively is to bring the 14 Skagit and park it with the 31 Skagit if it is there. I think would be a great contrast to have it displayed as the largest and smallest of the deluxe Skagit. It has a new 40 hp Merc on it. By then I should have lights installed and other safety equipment. If I can just find what I did with the Hull plug.

What do you want to bet that they charge me as much as they do the 31 footer?

[ATTACH]15811[/ATTACH]
                    Dave, I presume you are going to put the 14 Skagit in the water. That's good. As per the entry fee for in water boats I have been wanting to see more trailer sized Classics in the water so as to be able to do a formation cruise-by.

I think it's worth approaching the Chamber and see if they will reduce the $35 entry fee for in water boats to say $15 or so for boats under 24 feet thereabouts. I think they would be amendable to the idea in order to get more in water boats.

Can't hurt to ask. I'll bring up the topic myself. Remember La Conner is a Skagit town!

Tim
                    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 28186, member: 28
                      Dave, I presume you are going to put the 14 Skagit in the water. That's good. As per the entry fee for in water boats I have been wanting to see more trailer sized Classics in the water so as to be able to do a formation cruise-by.

I think it's worth approaching the Chamber and see if they will reduce the $35 entry fee for in water boats to say $15 or so for boats under 24 feet thereabouts. I think they would be amendable to the idea in order to get more in water boats.

Can't hurt to ask. I'll bring up the topic myself. Remember La Conner is a Skagit town!

Tim

Comment

The $35 for in the water boats gets free moorage both Friday and Saturday nights. They have a free deck party with free food on Friday night. It is really a good deal. I have no idea what they will say about reducing the price. Clint

Comment

Working...
                        X