Event Continuity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Continuity

Helmar has been telling me that there is some confusion between "Events" on the home page, and "Events" here in the forums. That could possibly be because they are confusing. Two different places say "Events" and they do different things.

So now "Events" on the home page is a link to a new page here in the forum that lists all events scheduled from today for the next year. If you add an event here (please do, add anything interesting you know about), it will show in the events calendar under "events" above. That will also create a discussion thread here under "events discussions". And the link from the home page will show your event.

Hopefully that is a little less confusing.

Thanks Ed. By the sound of it , it was not all the easy thing to merge the two together. Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

More than thanks Ed for your programming skills.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Nice work Ed!

Comment

Thanks Ed, The way it used to be was really confusing and somewhat annoying.
          Greg James

Comment

How do I add an event? There doesn't appear to be any "new event" button on the calendar or forum...

Also, how can we get the coordinators who have threads going about their events to add them to the calendar?

I should mention that I am using the mobile version via iPhone...
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I don't have an opinion on your second question. I'm the guy who's never met anyone in the club but Marty. Hoping to do so before too long when I have my boat running.

On the first: Click on "Events" in the top menu. There's a "Post New Event" button that will let you post. If you can't see it, let me know. Would mean there's a permission failure somewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X