Edmonds Waterfront Festival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonds Waterfront Festival

The folks behind the Edmonds waterfront festival have asked ACBS to bring some trailer boats down to display over memorial weekend. I have posed the question to the event coordinator for ACBS about possibly getting some glassics there as well... Is there anyone on here that would be interested in displaying your boat, on traile, at the festival?

In previous years they have put the boats right behind he stage so you get to listen to the music, for FREE, while talking to all the folks about your boat. It is great club exposure as well...

It's not a sure thing, as I need to work with ACBS to find out how much space they have and how many woodies are already committed to going.
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

That sounds like a pretty ok deal to me. Its just a display and no judging.
    I do know that the younger generation will look at some of the boats, like Gregs for instance. Gregs boat resembles a 1958 style with the windshields on her. Chucks and mine would look like the 59 model years like the ford pickups had.
    Clints Skimaster has that sexy look to her and just looks retro. (Hey Clint, might be worth a shot with a for sale sign on her ?)
    What is sweet about some of these older glass boats, they do resemble cars.
    I can't remember what that renell boat is called that looking at the rear end of it, it just Screams 59 Chevy. I think Doug Griffith had one for a short time.
    How about this one that looked like the 57 plymouth
    Attached Files
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, I did not realized how much Skagit had started to go away from the Art Deco look of the Skagit starting with 1959 series till i got this "59" i now have ,but i still like it ! I think my kind of looks like the next generation of the Skagit's from 59-61 ? cruisers before they went out of business ? When you are painting it you start noticing all of the difference curves compare to the 58 i had.

Joe again. Was that boat called impala ?? Bruce down in Redding California has one.

Brian, How is Ron doing ? Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

My Skagit reminds me of the 55 Ford Pickup, maybe 57 Chev pickup, with that brow over windshield.

I been calling that boat Belair as I sold my 55 chev belair when I shouldn't have.
        It was red and white like I painted the boat. Miss the car too.
        Here is my car....Found a picture of the truck too.

In fact, I think we found that the 59 Skagits Helm Glass windows were 56 ford pickup ??
        Belair has to electric wiper motors on her too.
        Everyone was high tailing it off Mayfield that one year we went with Bill Roberts but we stayed out and headed to the Grotto area with the wipers running until the storm blew over.
        We just buttoned her up and throttled up.
        Attached Files
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

So, just heard from the ACBS coordinator and they have been able to fill all open spots with ACBS boats. Festival organizers only allotted 5 spots for trailer boats so they filled quickly once people figured out that Memorial Day is actually the 26th and the festival is the following weekend...

Hopefully, if things go well, next year the festival will open more space for trailer boats and we can get some glassics in there...
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X