Cruising with the Woodies...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruising with the Woodies...

It was a great day on the water! The Sabrecraft was the only classic Glass, but a beautiful Thompson and a wood Carver were in attendance. Photo's will come later as it takes me time to downsize 'em. ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Cruising with the Woodies

Chuck -

Glad you could make it, and wish we could have...but with no trailer boat (at the moment) and the Hood Canal Bridge closed for construction, it was out of the cards for us.

I know what Richard Amberson's beautiful Thompson looks like--he appeared briefly at the Opening Day event, and at last year's Des Moines Classic Car & Classic Boat Show--but I'm curious to see the wooden Carver. (Richard spent much of this week on the phone, recruiting folks to come to the event. At least one of them signed up as a new paid member of NWCBC, so hats off to Richard for going all-out to organize the event...and also for beating the membership drum.)

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Working...
    X