Alder Lake just 3 weeks away!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alder Lake just 3 weeks away!!!!

With only three weeks until the Alder Lake treasure hunt, preparations have now moved into the final stages. If you did not indicate in the previous post whether or not you will be attending please do so here. We have a unique treasure this year but it will be limited to those who attend. It is a special order item so we need to have a good idea of attendance. We know that some of you may not know until late if you will be there and that is OK. But if you have the slightest inkling that you may make it, please respond here by the 10th of June. I hate to harp on this but we really want to make sure there is enough treasure for everyone. So even if you don't have a working boat( you can always hitch a ride with most any of us) but plan to attend, say so now! OK with that said let us give you some more info.
    As previously mentioned we will be having another potluck this year. If it is anything like last years you may need to plan a nap into your afternoon. So along with your attendance reply please indicate what delicious food item you may bring, be it salad, side dish, dessert, main course, bag of chips, roll of mentos etc. That way we don't wind up with thirty of the same item. The potluck will be held at the day use area which is just up the hill from the mooring docks immediately following the treasure hunt.
    If you are planning to stay at the Alder Lake Park campground for the weekend it is a good idea to make reservations. The link is posted at the bottom of the page. On this website you will find driving directions, park address, reservations and if you download the park brochure you'll find much more useful information. If camping is not your idea of fun there is also a very nice motel in the nearby town of Eatonville just 9 short miles away. A link to the Mill Village motel is also at the bottom of the page.
    The boat launch we will be using is just off of the main road going to Alder Lake Park. It is a nice launch with a dock and restrooms. It is also free and with two parking lots available there is more than enough room.
    With the 27th closing in quickly our excitement is growing as we rush to finish the last few details. So ready yer vessel and amass yer crew! There soon be treasure to find says I.

http://www.mytpu.org/tacomapower/par...rk/Default.htm

http://local.yahoo.com/info-22206244...tel-eatonville
    Attached Files

AAAaaarrrggggggghhhhh!

Avast, thou hath tired of me landlubber tendencies, prepare to be hornswagled on thee high seas by dusk matey's-yest the be bathing in the briney bilge of davey jones locker...

Translation: We'll be there

Since we missed the poker run due sheep maintenance, it is high time that we meet all ye powder monkeys. We hope to debut the GlastronJet if time allows...

P.S. as in thee previous post: my teenage son is interested in the treasure, but still in search of the booty.

Comment

Alder Lake

We'll be there for sure, all day Saturday.

- Marty and Mo
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

I will be there with at least Cole, and hopefully the rest of the family. I am hoping to have my Playmaster running again by that time, but if all else fails, I will bring the Tolly. We may even be to the "testing" stage with my Dad's little Tolly. Can't wait for the event! See you soon!

BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Kathie and I plan to be there, but my cousin died Saturday night so we may have to go to his memorial service. We don't know when that will be yet.

However the freezer is filled with frozen ribs soon to be "Lip Smackin' BBQ Ribs", which we will get there somehow.

We'll be there again with no boat. Too much going on to even get it out of mothballs so far this year.
          Attached Files
          Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
          Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Jack, It's great to hear that Kathy is recovering well enough to even consider making the trip to Lake Alder. Great news.
            Greg James

Comment

Glad to hear that the two of you may be able to make it! We hope that means Kathie is on the mend? Sorry to hear about your cousin but I gotta be honest knowing that you'll be smokin ribs just made my month!!! If there is anything we can do just let us know and we are looking forward to seeing you!!

p.s. You are more than welcome to use our boat!!

Comment

Sarah and I are planning to attend the treasure hunt. We may come down on Friday and stay at the motel then camp on Sat. and leave Sunday. We are coming from Bellingham so we will probably have to come later in the evening to miss the traffic? We will bring a salad dish of some kind to keep in the ice chest. We are looking forward to this event so we can meet alot of the people we know only by club names.
                Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 3753
                  Jack, It's great to hear that Kathy is recovering well enough to even consider making the trip to Lake Alder. Great news.
                  The Dr says she is disgustingly healthy, he has moved up her next surgery to late July or early August. She started working again yesterday short hours and a carpool so she doesn't have to drive.

We got her a new car Saturday but she'll never get to drive it. Her round trip is 8 miles, mine is 60. It gets twice the mileage of my truck. It's a no-brainer.
                  Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                  Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

The wife and I are a 50/50 still and will not know until about a week in advance

Comment

Ken,
                      No problem!! We'll count you as coming that way if you can make it we will have you covered and if you can't...... well, you'll just have to live knowing that you missed the best event of the year is all. LOL Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Joe & Amanda, I will be there also. You might have to find me a co-pilot if Sheila has to work. Best,Chuck
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Chuck, how about the two you had last year?

Comment

Joe, That would be great ,if they don't mind putting up with me again. Chuck
                            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We will be there

The Griffith clan will be there with Dreaman Saturday A.M. Jan says she will make that fresh fruit pizza dessert .that was a hit at Crescent Lake a couple years ago. Followed Jack's wonderous ribs nicely. See ya then...........................Don & Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X