Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bartender/Sucia Rendezvous Pic's; maybe...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartender/Sucia Rendezvous Pic's; maybe...

Leaving Washington Park ramp, Rosario Strait, Barnes, Clark and the Sisters Islands of Orcas... Beautiful day.
    Attached Files
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

more

Entering Fossil Bay, and the bays of Sucia from the hiking trail... This would be a great place for a weekend event. Lots of Island to explore and Islands and water as well. The fish were running along Echo Bay but not interested in feeding.
    Attached Files
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Bartenders...

A '58 Calkins pre Bartender runabout, a streached 19' and the 22 and 26 footers. Rreally nice boats.
      Attached Files

Comment

The way home...

Looking into Canada Saturna Island, CG Station Lighthouse Patos Island, Coasties with Blue light flashing, Paperwork, Standing guard, and looking back to Rosario. Is is quite the experience to have young Kid's politely demand to board your vessel, armed with 9mm Sig Sauer pistols, and go through a safety check. I like the Chuck Carey had it done better. Having to board a small boat in very choppy seas and write on the Government approved triplicate form all day can't be very exciting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Chuck for some nice pics. Out of curiosity, what does CG check on boarding? I've been checked by Fisheries a few times and had a small go round years ago when fishing off Sauturna with a Canadian license because their Border Patrol (?) didn't want to believe I had spent the night on buoy at Patos and had not gone ashore or anchored in Canada. My son from Oregon was checked by Washington State Fisheries last year and all they could find to complain about was that he didn't have his boat registration on his 10-foot boat. Until then, it had never occurred to me to have the registration on board.
          There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Boarding

Jerry;
            They check your ID, registration and comment that the number really only has 4 numbers, this must be an old boat, and safety equipment, life jackets, throwables, fire extinguishers, chart, nav lights, vhf/cell phone, flares. I think that covers it. i guess they figured I wasn't a terrorist.

Comment

Working...
            X