No announcement yet.

Details: New Year's Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabu is cleaning up really well! What a fun boat. We met with the ACBS group at Ivar's for the Christmas light boat parade. There were four cruisers there (2 ChrisCraft, 1 Pacemaker, and 1 Tolly). Now that I have sold my Trojan, I find myself on Craigslist and searching Wolfe Marine weekly daydreaming about the islands.
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Let me see, some of you would ride around in an open boat in the Pacific Northwest in January when there is an invitation for a ride in Tabu with a closed cabin or two? Oh, well, better the chance for Becky and I to get a ride inside. Don't think we'll take the cover off Rosario until spring!
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Tabu--the Dry Boat

Barry, Jay and Tara -

That's a really great offer, giving members a dry alternative for the New Years Cruise. (And, yes, Tabu is looking great!)

Still, for some of us, freezing our behinds has become a tradition not to be missed...and we often have better weather than expected for the New Years Cruise.

With the Tabu option now available, we hope to see a lot of folks at Ivar's for lunch...whether you bring a boat or not. (We'll gather at 11:30 a.m., have a nice, warm indoors lunch together, and then layer-up for a great afternoon on the water...or just wear T-shirts aboard the Tabu.)

- Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Jerry, Oh come on ! That the fun of it to come back to the dock like last year and have ( hand my wallet to my son ) to slide off into the freezing water up to your waist to save the Rosario from going into 12' dock pilings beside the ramp at low tide with the wind blowing like heck. Now that's fun ! This year will be a snap on Lake Union....i think ? You and Becky come on down and ride on Tabu. Chuck
          Attached Files
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

That sounds like fun to us (riding on Tabu, that is, not jumping into the water to save Rosario. Anyway, thank you for doing that for us. Can I count on your doing it again if the need arises? I'm kind of allergic to cold water! Did I post that we have reached a deal to have an oil painting made of Rosario at a dock in LaConner with the Rainbow bridge in the background? When we get it, I'll post a photo of it, of course.
            Jerry

Comment

Jerry, That picture should look great. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Marty, Ben and I are going to try to make it. My tow vehicle has been having it's own mind on whether or not it's going to start or not but I'm 90% sure that I have it figured out (roter). :hurray
                Greg James

Comment

new years

New years run.
                  Barry and I plan on taking the Tabu to the event. We plan on leaving Newport Yatch basin in Bellevue around 10:00. We have lots of room on board for any one who would like to come along, We have added canvas to the flying bridge as well as heat so it should be a plesant trip.
                  Please email me if you would like to come along jay@dauntlessmotors.com If you do not email and deciede at the last minute there will still be pleanty of room.
                  To get to the boat, From I-405 south bound take exit 10, turn right at the end of the off ramp. Then take the 2nd left (SE 40th st) this is a boat ramp head towards the water and just before the water turn right into the Seattle boat yard, then left again to continue on towards the water, Find a parking spot and phone me at 206-920-2196 so I can come open the gate, Often the gates are not latched in which case we are in slip C-27
                  From I-405 north bound take exit 10 turn left and then follow the above instructions.
                  We will have snacks and both hot and cold drinks on board, enough for every one. As we have to go right back by Ivars on our way home if any one wants to leave their boat at Ivars they are welcome to ride along with us.
                  BTW. Tabu is a 1940 Chris-craft 42ft DCEB boat. It was launched in 1942 in lake Pondera to avoid being used for the war effort and named "tabu" as in WW2 with gas rationing it was "Tabu" to be out wasting gas.
                  Jay

Comment

Fantastic!! Becky and I know how to find Bellevue but we are real country hicks. Could you give the Yacht Club address so we can program the GPS. Our first ferry off Lummi Island on weekends is 7 a.m. so I'm thinking we should be able to make it to Bellevue by shortly after 9. We are really looking forward to meeting you. Becky is concerned about dress. I told her she could wear ordinary shoes on a yacht like that. Might have to make a trip to Bellingham tomorrow to outfit her.
                    Jerry and Becky McRorie

Comment

New year on Tabu

Wear what ever your normal street clothes are.
                      Sorry, I do not know the address. It is off of Lake Washington BLVD and se 40th st. The address is somthing like 3911 lake washington blvd bellevue wa
                      Jay

Comment

Working...
                      X