Details: New Year's Cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details: New Year's Cruise

Hard to believe, but there are only 25 shopping days until our annual New Year's Cruise--Saturday, January 2 in the protected waters of Seattle's Lake Washington Ship Canal.

The plan will be to meet for lunch at Ivar's Salmon House, at the north end of Lake Union, then explore the myriad backwaters and marinas of the Ship Canal...trolling for views of the many classic boats moored in Seattle.

Let's rendezvous at 11:30 a.m. at Ivar's dock, where there should be plenty of space for everyone's boats. We've reserved a table big enough to seat the whole NWCBC group...and if you can't come by boat, just drive to Ivar's and join in the fun.

Many of our members plan to launch at Magnuson Park (Sand Point); others will probably put their boats in the water at one of the two Ship Canal ramps--either Northeast Northlake Way or 14th Avenue Northwest in Ballard. Either way, it should be easy for everyone to make their way to Ivar's...and beyond.

For some reason, we always seem to get decent weather for the New Year's Cruise, so here's hoping for a great event to launch Northwest Classic Boat Club's super-active 2010 season.

Attached, just fyi, is a shot from one of our earlier New Year's Cruises that involved a stop at Ivar's.

Hope you can make it!

- Marty
    Attached Files
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

If it doesn't warm up I may need to have the dogs pull the boat across the frozen lake.
    Attached Files
    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Anybody planning on Jan. 2nd ?

Hey Coldweather boaters,
      Anybody else thinking of gettng their boats wet on Jan 2nd.?
      I might just have my G-3 ready,only tabs ,fuel and safety gear remain.Ohyeah ,truck tabs...my X-mas present that never ends.
      Or the Seafair will have to do,but it could be fun to take a fleet like Gordon and Cheryl.
      Supposed to be clearing up for a bit,might be chilly.
      TimM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

If it is chilly and clear, I may try and make it with the Tollycraft for a fun sight seeing cruise. Chilly and wet = no go!
        BRIAN FRANCHINI
        LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Ditto Brian, If it's too wet I'll have to think harder on it. Will try to make it though.
          Kent & Diane
          '58 Westerner

Comment

January 2 New Years Cruise

Being Norwegian, I'll be there no matter what the weather's doing, most likely with the topless Reinell.

Uff da! (whatever that actually means...)

- Marty

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by Marty Loken (Norseboater), post: 8365
              Being Norwegian, I'll be there no matter what the weather's doing, most likely with the topless Reinell.

Uff da! (whatever that actually means...)

- Marty
              Marty, I believe that means "I'm buying lunch". How generous of you!

Seriously, Cindy and I will make lunch at Ivar's and are looking forward to seeing everyone, but we're getting ready to move and I can't get the Sabrecraft out of the garage.

Tim

Comment

Gee guys , what's a little cold. This is what you call a head warmer. Last year down in South Sound it really kept me warm between the pocket warmers. Tim ,works wonder with a G-3 without windshield. Chuck.
                Attached Files
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I'll be there, rain or shine, can't wait to get out. Andy E.

Comment

Chuck Roast

Here's another shot of Chuck in full battle gear, taken in Kenmore during a break in last year's Slough Run event.

Chuck, roasting. Or Chuck Roast.

- Marty
                    Attached Files

Comment

In that last shot, you can sure tell that Chuck has a sock fetish. I can't make the outing, I'll be down in Oregon celebrating the holidays with my kids. Plus the 2nd is my granddaughters 18th birthday. :eek:

Post some pictures of the outing. Have a good one.
                      Steve Kiesel
                      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Cheryl and I will try and make the cruise. HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all!!!!!
                        Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Hey Chuck - Just stay out of any banks! Look like Americas Most Wanted.
                          John & Diane Kelly

Comment

I am trying to convince some friends to come along with me, but most are not willing to commit until closer to the event due to weather report inconsistencies...

Pretty much like everyon else, cold and clear we're in - cold and wet we're out...

Attached Files
                            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Jay has asked me to let everyone know the Tabu is back in the water and will be at the New Years Cruise. Jay and Tara have asked me to let members know that they have some extra space aboard and members that are interested are invited to join them aboard the Tabu. Of course there is a limit to how many they can host but if anybody is interested shoot me an email and I will pass it along. I am out of town until next Mon./Tues. and will get back to those interested with all the details once I return.
                              Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and an awesome and safe new year. Barry
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X