Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
    So Mason Lake is this Saturday!!!!

Who is coming? With or without boat? I need to report to the ACBS event coordinator so they can plan dock space and food supplies...

We're dragging "Tuppware" all the way down from Bellingham!! Come on out and play one last time for the season!!!
    Its not looking good for Cindy and I as I Just now (today) got mine ready to go test. Boat is covered with fir nettles and 2 years of dirt so lots of clean up.
    Might have a carb issue to work out but again, I don't think we can make this one.

Mason is Always a fun event, park, launch, something for Everyone in the family to enjoy.
    If you have never been to Mason, its a Beautiful location and park.

I suspect that you will give directions to the Simpson park or whatever they are calling it now. It can be tricky.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Brian- Sorry I haven't committed completely. Am watching the weather and am considering how far I have to tow if it's rainy, like the present forecast suggests. Sooooo, 50% chance. Is the public ramp usable now with present water level ? I'd prefer that to the launching situation have heard about....

Comment

The public launch is all rebuilt and very nice with lots of parking across the street. The channel that leads to lake is shallow but it's always been easily passable and it has not been a hot summer.

Comment

Count me in, unless I have some kind of breakdown on the way. Might be a classic car pulling the boat, but boat for sure.

Comment

Don't forget to take Lots of Pictures to share with the others here please
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Forecast says rain likely...

Comment

We just called in our official RSVP for the event so we are going despite the weather forecast!! For some reason this event has been held in light rain conditions all but one year.... Jim Giesy (ACBS coordinator) lives right on the lake and he reported that water levels are perfect and that they are planning to send the bigger boats over to the public ramp to avoid all the hassles that were seen two years ago!

Dave, if are coming will you be solo or with guests? And would you like to buy food from their lunch BBQ or would you bring your own? I will call Giesy tomorrow to update the NWCBC counts...

Bruce, even if there's a little rain the event is still fun as there is covered shelters in the park and your boat has a hardtop...
                Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I am coming solo, at least that's the plan, unless my girlfriend changes her mind. My mother lives south of Sheldon, so I might convince her to come, but she's cranky. (don't tell her I said so if she does come )

Comment

Dave your boat looks amazing, nicely done with the trailer too! Sorry I'm going to miss seeing this and the others, have fun. I know I did the first time I attended.

Comment

Still watching the forecast, rain for sure, but how much for trailering the distance, checking that out. Went to the ACBS PNW site and other than the date and location, there's no info. Looked at the August newsletter as well.....hmmm.

Comment

So with the forecast for "light rain showers" all day... My parents and wife have decided that they do not want to go and don't really want me taking the 4 yr old (who currently has a rough chest cold)... So it's looking like the red boat is being hijacked and not going south of Lynnwood today... Still waiting to see if I can come down solo but it's not looking good.

Bruce, as far as I know the event is free to anyone who shows up! However if you are not an ACBS member then you'd have to pay for your lunch from the BBQ pit. (The ACBS chapter is covering the bill for its members).
                        Brian Flaherty

Comment

Bummer about the rain today. Still hoping some from this club show up and post some pics!

Comment

Thanks for the info, Brian, we'll store that for the future. Nice of the chapter to include us, for sure.
                            Definitely raining steady at our place and webcams make it messy out there, so we're bagging it for today, really hoped to make it.Don't like the grime and road grit that gets on the boat when towing in the "wet". And then there are the "other" drivers I get to mix with on a long wet drive. Reduced braking effectiveness and reduced visibility- it all adds up. All that said, fall and spring boating is the best, we just got stuck with bad weather !
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
                              So with the forecast for "light rain showers" all day... My parents and wife have decided that they do not want to go and don't really want me taking the 4 yr old (who currently has a rough chest cold)... So it's looking like the red boat is being hijacked and not going south of Lynnwood today... Still waiting to see if I can come down solo but it's not looking good.

Bruce, as far as I know the event is free to anyone who shows up! However if you are not an ACBS member then you'd have to pay for your lunch from the BBQ pit. (The ACBS chapter is covering the bill for its members).
                              Sorry to see the rain out.

I have to admit that the weather can really mess up event participation. This happens.

Even though most of us live in the PNW not many of us like boating in the rain and well, we do get a good amount of it here. Maybe that is why most of my boats you have ever seen me show up in has a top on it ;-)

Nevertheless, we Do have this forum for planing events, which is also open to our ACBS friends to use.

We have had Lots of Great events that have been planned, with a fair amount of them rained out.

Lots of folks in the club have been on these events and have enjoyed them.

So, its back to looking for someone that wants to Share a event they maybe have been taken by themselves.

Personally, I think an event maybe at Mayfield for our Annual event might be in order. No tides to have to worry about, its pretty much Central for both the Washington and Oregon members and if you have never been to Mayfield and seen the Grotto, you are missing out on some real beauty.
                              I have been up into that grotto Many times and its always breath taking in which pictures can't show the beauty.
                              Anyway, just something to chew on.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

The red boat is heading south!!! Had to wait for mamasita to wake up and get clearance but grandpa and I are heading south!! I ain't no fair weather boater! To young for that!!
                                Brian Flaherty

Comment

Working...
                                X