Mason Lake Family Fun Day - with ACBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Brian!
    I saw several wooden vessels heading southbound today.. gotta admit I was jealous! I absolutely love boating in the rain...ever since I was a young boy.
    Hope it was a great turn out.

Comment

So I'm over a week late but here is the little bit of a recap I have from Mason Lake...

Due to the horrible weather forecast we had a disappointing turnout to say the least. We have only one wood boat show up and that was Steve Franchini's Tollycraft Rompus which they towed all the way from Ellensburg! Otherwise it was a glassic show!! We had 6 glassics in the water ranging from Dave Ryker's little Glasspar all the way from Wenatchee! To a special (one off) edition 20' Correct Craft Ski Natique.. There were also a few boats that stayed on shore (mostly wood boats and one glassic I believe).

All those who did come out were treated to a small classic car show, decent food, great people and a scavenger hunt / lake tour put together by Brian Franchini. Despite the torrential rains and moderate wind conditions all the boats in the water participated in the hunt (well Steve's co-pilot decided she would rather stay dry so he left his Tollycraft at the dock and rode along with Dave in the Glasspar)...

Unfortunately, due to our late arrival, I didn't get as many pictures I would normally take (so kind of like LaConner if you want to see who / what boats show up to an event, well then you just have to come out and play!)

I am hoping to get some additional photos from the ACBS folks when the October newsletter comes out next week, if I do, then I will share them with y'all.
      Attached Files
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Oh man, that wagon and boat combo...that's the bees knees right there! Nicely done Sir! And the Homelite...amazing! I miss mine! Brian your boat looks great too! You guys are hard core! I wish I could have made it!

Comment

Kelly, Thanks for the compliments. It was a great adventure. Reminded me why drum brakes have been fazed out, as I experienced some brake fade going through Tacoma Traffic nightmare. Oh, and the wiper switch fell apart in my hand right when it started to rain. Otherwise, it was fantastic, and what the show lacked in numbers, it made up for in camaraderie.

DaveIMG_5620.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X