A boat for the navigationally challenged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A boat for the navigationally challenged

Under the 1530 building on Lake Union. The walkway at top is a recent addition and doesn't appear to be easily movable without a crane. Maybe if they let some of the air out of the tires they can get under it.
    Attached Files

Boat for navigationally challanged

I think if you grease the foredeck well, back up as far as you can and then "HIT IT", she slide under that gangway no problemo!
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Guy must be late on moorage.....
      Reminds me of a "Wedgie" we had on our Foam -collared Safe hull way back....

We used to use the east Channel of the Duwamish when the Hanford Train Bridge was down ( launching at 7 pm to go to Vashon island Salmon fishing....) and we couldn`t sit and wait as the sun was dropping fast.
      One time it was really high Tide and we ended up stuck under the overpass we were going under.
      Several large Hex bolt heads were just poking down enough to snare my center console Grab Bar.....after we skipped over a few of course.Once we stopped ,the hull was wedged to the underpass.
      Wasn`t too bad until several Cement trucks and Semi trailers went rumbling overhead.
      My oldest daughter was all of 6 mos old and in a car seat at our feet.Kim was pretty impressed,but I quickly pulled the drain plug on the SAFE boat and let it wallow enough to get us under.
      Got some weird looks from the fisherman at the Harbor Island Fishing pier as we emerged.
      Worse things can happen......
      TimM
      unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
      15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
      SeaRay 175BR
      Hi-Laker lapline
      14` Trailorboat

Comment

Working...
      X