Tsunami Warning Washington State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsunami Warning Washington State

Tsunami warning issued for Washington, Oregon and California, Vancouver Island and elsewhere. Expected to hit Washington coast about 0900-0930 this morning.
    Don't know if it will enter Juan De Fuca and Puget Sound?

8.9 quake in Japan

More later...

Tim
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Fallout

We dodged the waves of water ,BUT.....
    If I later told you I saw this awhile ago( and it later was deemed very important...) I`d feel bad.
    Just a friendly warning that we are not out of harm`s way if the Nuke Reactor(s) go(goes) "Mustang" for good.
    Iodine tabs aren`t easy to find right now but may be way to reduce some Thyroid cancer......
    My mom`s brother was on the Nimitz the first tour......came back with everybody joking his duffle bag was glowing green.They said Radiation was a normal thing back then ,no worries.....or lead containment back then.
    6 mos later he died from Testicular cancer......I was named after him.

TimM
    Burien
    EDIT , Bad map but still doesn`t lessen our risk!
    unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
    15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
    SeaRay 175BR
    Hi-Laker lapline
    14` Trailorboat

Comment

Nuclear meltdown?

I don't know what the status of the reactor is, but it's a little scary. Been trying not to think about it. Mr. Obama is still pushing clean nuclear energy. Sure, right!

Comment

I quit working at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation in 1966 and Becky still can read a book in bed by the green glow I give off. Who says radiation isn't a good thing? (Of course, I can't fly commercial as my radiation sets off all sorts of alarms when I enter an airport!)
        There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Uh Huh ...

That map is all over the net but it's completely bogus. Here's a quote from Australian Radiation Services, whose name and logo were used on the map:

DISCLAIMER: Australian Radiation Services is aware of information about radioactive contamination being spread from the Japanese nuclear reactor incident released under the ARS logo and name. We wish to be clear that this information has not originated from ARS and as such distance ourselves from any such misinformation.

Here's a statement from Wa State Department of Health:

http://www.doh.wa.gov/Publicat/2011_news/11-039.htm

Here's a link to a story with more info:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...t-concern.html

Comment

Bad Map ,worse Reactor(s)

Ok I posted a Bogus Map I admit it ,BUT.....
            With another Reactor blowing up and the real threat of more,this isn`t exactly a minor anomolly.
            The 7th Fleet is pulling back from the coast as 60 miles isn`t far enough away.They got a months of radiation in one hour and the planes flying 60 miles North of the reactors are coming back "Hot".anger:
            The particles won`t travel here by themselves ,but add an active Volcano 80 miles to the SouthWest (dormant for 52 years until January 28 2011).
            It erupted again and is throwing rocks 4 KM in the air.
            Perfect Radiation delivery device.....via the Jetstream.
            Only thing worse is eating sage-fed Elk from the Hanford Reach area we used to hunt with my Grandpa and my Dad in the late 60`s and 70`s.
            Back When Jerry was doing his "Testing".....
            I`ll go back to my corner now....
            TM
            unk.year 10` Mahogeny "DragonFly"racer
            15` SAFE boat w/120 hp Johnson
            SeaRay 175BR
            Hi-Laker lapline
            14` Trailorboat

Comment

What me worry ?

It's pretty hard for me to worry about radiation from Japan at this point. Every one in my family has died from cancer, except my dad who drank himself to death.

I worked on alert B52's for four years standing next to uranium and plutonium bombs trying not to bump into the buttons that said "do not bump". I've had Fluoroscopes, xrays, and 45 days of radiation treatments to cure my cancer. I not only glow in the dark but I can cook Swanson's frozen dinners in my hands.

Other than the three bouts of cancer I have had, I am sure I am not effected by radiation, effected by radiation, effected by radiation, effected by radiation, effected by radiation, effected by radiation,................ OOPS! there must be a scratch in my record.
              Attached Files
              Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
              Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Okay Jack. You win. Notice your face is changing a bit, too.
                There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Reactor leakage

I think the press is trying hard to downplay the reactors blowing up......
                  No big deal....not to worry!

I wrote a paper in college about failsafe nuclear energy and I'd say what's going on in Japan is a serious event! :Scared2:

My two cents worth.

Comment

Working...
                  X