Retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement

I know that most of you folks live too far away to entertain such an invite and I will see you all throughout the boating season anyway, but I want to invite you to my retirement dinner, being put on by the city and the guild.
    It is a pot luck and is going to be held very soon.
    Since not only members & friends lurk forums in these trying times, I ask that you write direct for the date & time.
    I had hoped to serve my community a few more years before considering retirement, but recent back surgery with complications has changed all that.
    I still look forward to future boating events as the greatest of times to come!
    Doc F

Doc Frankenmerc
    Keeping Mercs alive since 1965

Retirement...

Thom -

We know this isn't a dinner you wanted to see organized this soon, but I hope we can be there to join you in making the best of a bad situation--and to join others in thanking you for decades of thoughtful public service.

Best,

- Marty and Mo
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Thom, Just sent you a e-mail. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Thom,
        Sorry to hear of your health problems. Cheryl and I both send best wishes for you to get back up to snuff. Retiring before you had planned hopefully will give you the rest and recoupe you need. Hope to see you guys at an outing sometime this summer. Once again best wishes, Gordon
        Attached Files
        Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Sorry to hear that the surgery didn't do the trick Thom.

But hey, now you'll have more time for the important things in life like D'lani, Mercs and boating, right?

Hope I can make your dinner,

Tim

Comment

Seya soon Thom..Robby..

Comment

Thom's Retirement Party

Mo and I meandered down to Shelton to take part in last evening's very nice retirement party for Thom (Dr. Frankenmerc) Adams, long-time Shelton Police Dept. employee, good friend to many, and of course master of vintage Merc outboards.

The potluck dinner was held in the Shelton Civic Center and included dozens of Thom's fellow police officers, friends and relatives. With a slide show going in the background (lots of shots of Thom running fast boats, of course), the whole event was like a warm love-in reunion.

Also attending from the boat club were Ingvar Carlson, Tom Sexton and Doug Griffith. (Sorry if there was anyone else there I didn't recognize...)

Many thanks from everyone, Thom, for your tireless years of public service--not to mention your endless generosity with boating friends.

- Marty and Mo
              http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Working...
              X