1959 Fleetform Convertible - feedback requested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Fleetform Convertible - feedback requested

I picked this Fleetform up over the weekend. Not sure I needed another project but it followed me home nonetheless. Best I can tell its a 59 Fleetform convertible. With original Evinrude 35 Lark twin and trailer. Red original color. Bones look good so it could be restored. Looking to connect with anyone who is a collector or knowledgeable with these boats to determine what I do with it. Seems like the hull design is different than other brands from the era and maybe more scarce ?

Interested in seeing pictures (or in person) what one of these look like when done (especially the interior, seats, etc.)

Please reply or let me know what insight to Fleetforms you may have.

I am in MN near Minneapolis.

Thanks in advance ! - John
    Attached Files

Originally posted by johnGoro View Post
    I picked this Fleetform up over the weekend. Not sure I needed another project but it followed me home nonetheless. Best I can tell its a 59 Fleetform convertible. With original Evinrude 35 Lark twin and trailer. Red original color. Bones look good so it could be restored. Looking to connect with anyone who is a collector or knowledgeable with these boats to determine what I do with it. Seems like the hull design is different than other brands from the era and maybe more scarce ?

Interested in seeing pictures (or in person) what one of these look like when done (especially the interior, seats, etc.)

Please reply or let me know what insight to Fleetforms you may have.

I am in MN near Minneapolis.

Thanks in advance ! - John
    Hi John and welcome to our group.

We shared most of the Pacific Nortwest boat info with Fiberglassics as they have the most extended libaray of all boats.
    Best I have for you on her is this link to the Fleetform boats at Fiberglassics.
    http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Fleetform

I would think she is a rare design and boat and would be worth restoring. Shows she was built in Texas or the main company being in Texas.

We tend to lean towards the Skagit brand boats as most of us over here have them. So, I can tell you all about those ;-)

She is looking to be a 14ft lake stile boat, is she 14ft ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

yes. 14 footer. I have listed on the FiberGlassics site also. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Sweet looking boat and motor combo, John ! Keep us up speed on the resto !

Comment

Hope you find out more info...please do keep us posted on your progress! Sweet color too

Comment

Working...
          X