Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - Glasply owner

Hi, I just logged on here, so I thought I'd introduce my self,
    I'm Logan, I'm 14 and I just bought my second boat, 1977 19' Glasply. Although it's is my second, it's the first boat I've had running. I have a 1973 15' Chrysler open bow trihull I'm trying to sell, half restored. I live on Bainbridge, but I've been going to Decatur Island since I was born, and now spend the whole summer up there. I'm part of the Glasply.net forum, but I was wondering how many Glasply owners are on here?
    Thanks,
    Logan.

Hi Logan. Welcome to the group.
    Not sure how many Glasply owners we have but we do have a pretty good mix.
    Might check out our calendar of events as we do use the boats quite a bit.

Enjoy
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Hi, thanks. I saw a picture of a beautiful 19' cuddy outboard, in an album on here, in bainbridge Island actualy! Calender?
      Logan.

Comment

Logan, At the top of the page, is a link to the club's calendar of get-togethers. We meet at various locations as a club and do some boating together. It's pretty cool to see a bunch of antique classic boats going somewhere. For instance, we are going to be in Seattle's opening day of boating season parade of boats. Check out the calendar and figure something out to bring your boat over to show off.
        :Skipper1: Sean Kuhlmeyer, JD
        (Sean the Lawyer in Seattle)
        1967 Glasspar Seafair Sedan - "Solstice"

Comment

Glasply former owner

Hello Logan,
          I owned a 23 Glasply cuddy hardtop for 17 years. Came from the factory with Volvo diesel I/0. I used it for assistance towing here in the San Juans. Had it tricked out with dual station controls, radar, a bow thruster and more. Great boat, hated to part with it.

Now running a Skagit 31, launched in late 2010 after 20+ years on the ground.
          May run into you (not literally) some day out here. I'm in Friday Harbor.

Cheers,

Tim
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Oh, okay, I'll check it out.

Tim,
            It was great meeting you the other day and seeing your beautiful boat up close and
            In person! I'd love to hear more about your old GlasPly, and more pics if you have them!
            Hopefully I'll "run into you" again sometime.

Logan

Comment

Logan

Great meeting you the other day, Logan. Yes, I have many photos of my Glasply 23 I'd be happy to share with you. Will take me a couple days to sort a few out.

On a down note, Two weeks ago cut up a 23 Glasply sistership. It's the one I acquired as a parts boat; keel was open stem to stern. I'll say one thing about the Glasplys...they are built tough! 2500 pounds of fiberglass and plywood in the old girl.

Also cut up my dad's 23 Chris. Hated to do it, but it was pretty tough shape and I had no where to take it. I'll spare you the grief of pictures of the cutting.

Just got the Saratogan back in the water after four days on the hard. Pressure washed the hull (the ten year bottom coating is holding up well). Zincs and pounded out some small dings in the props. Also finally got the name and hailing port on the stern. My daughter Zoanna is coming up today, so we'll do a little christening ceremony.

Thanks to the crew here at NWCBC for keeping my membership active. Been a tough Winter and Spring, but I'm back to work, so I'll renew my membership ASAP.

Again, Logan, enjoyed meeting you and I'll share many of the photos of my Glasply 23 Cuddy hardtop that I ownerd 17 years and entrusted my life to many times......

Cheers,
              Tim aka McSkagit
              Attached Files
              Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
              X