Hello great site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello great site

My name is Kevin and I live in Bellingham WA. I have a 1959 Bellboy 265 hardtop with a 1972 Merc 800 I stole from my dad (not really). I grew up with this boat in high school and loved tubing and skiing at lake Whatcom. One day I was at Baker lake and asked my friend to mix the gas, well that was a costly ask and the motor got hot. I was able to use the boat for another couple of years but in 1997 it started running really bad. I had a compression check and cyl 1 it was shot. The boat sat in my yard and I was going to fix it. I pulled it off the trailer and was working on the rollers and someone stole the trailer (really). The boat sat for 15 years in the yard on blocks. I took my boating cert last year and decided it was time to restore it. With some help from a friend who had a trailer the project began. First the floor needed to come up and it was bad. Next I started looking at the transom and it was also bad. The stringers are all fiberglass and in good shape. Pretty much all the wood on the boat had to come off. Now I am getting close to start rebuilding and am really excited to get it done. Of course still looking for a motor but cannot wait to get this back on the water. Oh the roof blew off in a wind storm and 1992 so it is not really a hardtop right now but I will glass a new top soon. Sorry to ramble and thank you all for such a great help with this site.

Originally posted by KevinF View Post
    My name is Kevin and I live in Bellingham WA. I have a 1959 Bellboy 265 hardtop with a 1972 Merc 800 I stole from my dad (not really). I grew up with this boat in high school and loved tubing and skiing at lake Whatcom. One day I was at Baker lake and asked my friend to mix the gas, well that was a costly ask and the motor got hot. I was able to use the boat for another couple of years but in 1997 it started running really bad. I had a compression check and cyl 1 it was shot. The boat sat in my yard and I was going to fix it. I pulled it off the trailer and was working on the rollers and someone stole the trailer (really). The boat sat for 15 years in the yard on blocks. I took my boating cert last year and decided it was time to restore it. With some help from a friend who had a trailer the project began. First the floor needed to come up and it was bad. Next I started looking at the transom and it was also bad. The stringers are all fiberglass and in good shape. Pretty much all the wood on the boat had to come off. Now I am getting close to start rebuilding and am really excited to get it done. Of course still looking for a motor but cannot wait to get this back on the water. Oh the roof blew off in a wind storm and 1992 so it is not really a hardtop right now but I will glass a new top soon. Sorry to ramble and thank you all for such a great help with this site.

Welcome Aboard Kevin.
    I think you have come to the right place as there is allot of the restoration stuff going on in the winter months. Well, me, summer too.

You are more than welcome to upload pictures but would post that in the Restoration area or even main forum.

It would sure be nice to see what your working on.

I see you posted them in the gallery. Good job
    Yep, needs a floor for sure.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Boat is done, I have had it at the lake a few times all is good I will put her in the bay on Thursday!

Comment

Hi Kevin, welcome! we love pictures before, after, in between. regards, Paul

Comment

Originally posted by KevinF View Post
          Boat is done, I have had it at the lake a few times all is good I will put her in the bay on Thursday!
          Very nice....Seen your pictures in the Gallery, way to go
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
          X