Hello all!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

Hi everyone, thanks for the add! I have a 19' 1969 Seaflite. I've had it for about nine years now, slowly restoring it. Cosmetically there wasn't much to do, as it's been garage kept its whole life. My grandfather actually bought it here locally brand new and I took it over after it sat unused for a handful of years. The primary issues were motor wise, which is a straight six Mercruiser and I have it running great now. I'm currently replacing the carpet, which will really make it nice looking. Unfortunately we haven't used it in a while, mostly due to starting our family. So I'm honestly debating selling it, but not sure I can bring myself to do it. Last night my wife even got a little sentimental about it. We've decided to get it put back together and take it out once or twice to see how we feel about it. I've been scouring the web and so far have been relatively unsuccessful in finding much info on this thing. A big deciding factor on if to sell or not (for wifey especially) is how much it might be worth, any guesses? Thanks again for the add, and I look forward to the insite and interaction here.

As with anything "old" book values mean basically nothing. Its only worth what someone will pay for it. Classic Glass isn't as desirable in the market yet, with a few exceptions (think Chris Craft xk models, Skagit Saratogans, etc.) so prices are still relatively affordable. Depending on condition and year of motor and trailer I would guess around the $2500-4000 range, maybe a bit more depending on if you find the right buyer. Like with classic cars "making" money on them is pretty hard to do. Making memories is worth way more than the money, and thats what its about anyway. I have been working on my grandfathers boat for the last several years and just enjoy taking all of my kids out on the lake, its a total conversation piece in amongst all the new wake board boats at the dock, makes the guys that spent $60k + pretty upset. I have a picture of 3 generations out on my boat, that is pretty priceless. My vote....Restore it and use the heck out of it your kids will thank you later and you never know it may get passed down in years to come.

Comment

They are gaining in value little by little it seems.

Did you post pictures in the gallery? If not post some right here...Lets see what you have...

Oh, Welcome to the group.
      Enjoy
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks for the replies and welcome to the group!

Comment

In its present condition I would guess you wouldn't be able to sell for much over $500 (assuming the engine runs and out drive shifts)... Put an interior in it and make it a usable boat, then you might be up into he $3500-$4500 range... It's not really anything super unique or radically cool. Just a nice hull with a hardtop and an easily serviced motor.

Like the others above, I say fix it up the way you and your wife like it... Take it out a few times and see how you like boating in it... Then decide if you cut your loses and move on to something else, or keep it and use the heck out of it!!!
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

About the best thing I can tell you is to watch the Craig list and Ebay and see what a boat of that caliber is selling for. Not too much of a classic as of yet but the older she gets, the classic she will be.
            What that little hard top, it helps as so she is not your normal work boat.
            Look for some seating you might be able to put in and get her out in the water with the family, maybe a little fishing. Not sure what lakes you have in your area but put a forsale sign in her.
            Might find some hot summer day at a popular place and sell her.

If your handy with wood, might just make a bench seat that is about the size of some throw cushions for dual purpose.

Next time maybe try and make your pictures a bit smaller please. I used to have this forum for the max of 800x600 pixels but too many new users was not able to figure that out.

Nice family boat for sure..
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Cool, thanks guys. I already have the new carpet to put in and then just reinstall the old seats. They're in decent shape but could probably be reapolstered. I like the wood seat idea tho, I'm going to look into that.

Comment

Working...
              X