New boater old boat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boater old boat!

Hello, U'm Mr. Bill from No. Calif. the part that is near the Ore. border. I just scored a 1961 PowerCat 14' fiberglass tri-hull. It is in rough shape having sat out in the coastal air, thank goodness for plastic! It has a Jonson 40 horse twin cyl. motor that turns over by hand and seems to have compression. I am in the process of cleaning the boat and will post pic's when I can. Does any of you folks have any info on this boat or similar ones? Thanks ahoy mates

Welcome aboard Bill.

I have seen the Power Cats and they move out pretty quick.
    Those 40hp Johnsons are pretty durable for one so because she turns over, might just be a carb clean, pump and maybe electronics but once back running and used every season, they seem to keep going.

Lots of the boats that were built in the PNW, we shared information with our friends at Fiberglassics.

Here is there link to the Power Cats.
    http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Power_Cat

Hope you can share pictures of your find.

I think we have some members in your area too.

Welcome aboard. I'm also in Eureka. Should be a fun boat once you have it together.

I have a bellboy 21. I did some of the restoration, and talked Helmar into doing the difficult work that requires skill. Lucky me, poor Helmar.

Comment

O K I finally got on, whew, I knew boating was going to be difficult but I thought that would be after I got the boat home. Ha ha So I am Bill from Eureka I'll post some pic's once I get it home, have fun be safe.reka, 56 married, currently on disability, got this 1961 Power Cat for free, that usually means it's going to cost a fortune.

Comment

Working...
      X