Introduce myself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWSocal View Post
    Hello, name is Jim and I'm on my fourth GlasPly, a 1982 28' LC. Grew up on Eld Inlet in Olympia and later ended up in California. Bought the LC in Edmonds in 2009 and trucked it to Southern California, (Huntington Beach) where it is now the only 28 GP in Southern California. I'm on the GlasPly.org Forum. Interested in the brand's history. I met Ken Hopen at the GP Rendezvous at Port Townsend in 2009 and Jerry Caldwell at a later Rendezvous in Bellingham. The daughter of Ken Smith, GP founder has joined us at several meetings and is contemplating a book on the company.
    We have created a GP Registry, primarily looking for the first and last hulls built, and now have over 400 entries many with descriptions and HIN data. The boats are spread from Alaska, along the West coast of Canada and the US and as far east as Florida.

NWSocal
    Welcome Jim.
    I know we have a few folks that check in time to time that might have some information for you about them..
    Got any pictures to share ?

Enjoy
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

You might already know everything that was in it, but Katherine Smith Alderman (Ken Smith's daughter) had an article printed in the 7-29-13 Everett Herald. Search heraldnet.com for "The origins of Glas-Ply boats" and you'll find it.

Comment

Working...
      X