X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, advice please

I AM LOOKING AT THIS BOAT FOR SALE:
    https://skagit.craigslist.org/boa/d/...366770059.html

I CAN AFFORD TO BUY THE BOAT, BUT NOT TO MAKE A MISTAKE IN THE PURCHASE.

I AM 10 YEARS OLDER THAN THIS BOAT AND WANT A BOAT I CAN USE FOR YEARS WITHOUT IT BEING A PROJECT.

I HAVE NO DESIRE TO GET THE "ITCH" YOU FOLKS DISCUSS.

I CURRENTLY HAVE A 2006 WWPOTTER 15 AND 2008 SMOKERCRAFT 16.2

I AM CONCERNED ABOUT TAKING WATER OVER THE OPEN BOW IN THE SMOKERCRAFT

I LOVE THE LOOKS OF THE SKAGIT FOR SALE.

ARE THESE SEAWORTHY BOATS?

ARE THEY WELL BUILT?
    (I KEEP READING IT TAKES 2 BAYLINERS TO MAKE ONE??, I HAD A BAYLINER AND DO NOT WANT ANOTHER.

WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR ON THIS BOAT?

WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR IT?

YOU SURE HAVE AN INTERESTING GROUP OF PEOPLE ON HERE!

THANKS, JOHND,

Sea worthy, yes. Well built? It's a '57 and still cruising the sound in style, so you bet.

Comment

It is built with 2x stringers with enough roving over them that they have sufficient strength without wood, The rest is plywood tabbed in with fiberglass light and typical construction. Its life depends on how its cared for. If its stored under some alder trees open and bow down it will last about eight years. If its kept in a dry garage with care to leave no water in its life could be indefinite. You can look for rot at the bottom of the bulkhead at the top of transom and around drain holes. I have the itch so if you can figure how much $400 for a hull $3500 for materials and 500 hrs labor plus what ever that motor is worth is what I've paid. would a cover for your bow make your smoker craft work?

Comment

Working...
      X