No announcement yet.

Slough Run Next Saturday (!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a interesting design to say the least. Never thought Bayliner had it in them.
    You will need the oars and someone else with you to help guide it though the willows on the first couple of hundred yards down the run.
    Once the slough comes to what looks like a dead end, you will find a narrow opening where the water will pick up speed and steering is next to impossible.
    You will need the oars to help keep her pointed Down stream.

I remember going down that first leg backwards bouncing off the willows and unable to get the boat turned around until it opened up.
    With that hull design, you should have no problems getting her down that first leg. From that point its just going around the many many S curves.

Once you come out at Kenmore, looks like your ride back to the park will be pretty easy with that V hull design.

I would have to say that is the perfect choice for the slough run
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The lake is coming back up

At least it should be. I can't see it for all the snow.
      Attached Files
      Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
      Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Tim,

You should try to get to the Marymore Dog Park where the mouth of the slough is. There is pedestrian access to the slough right at the weir and opening to the Willow run, that is by-far the most exciting, and best "before" picture, section of the run. May even get to see the rare and unfortunate capsizing... (Its happened a few times in the past in the section)
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 1002
          Tim,

You should try to get to the Marymore Dog Park where the mouth of the slough is. There is pedestrian access to the slough right at the weir and opening to the Willow run, that is by-far the most exciting, and best "before" picture, section of the run. May even get to see the rare and unfortunate capsizing... (Its happened a few times in the past in the section)
          OK, thanks for the info. I have been trying to remember how to access that stretch, it's been a long time ... any suggestions on what time to expect the first adventurers?

Comment

I will be at Coulon Park for the run up north and return.

I took the boat out for sea trails today and it passed as designed, so I would like to go along with all of you. It took me two years to rebuild and repaint.
            1956 Enduracraft Monterey
            1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
            1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Lowell,
              Congrats on the sucessful sea trial of your Endura Craft. Looking forward to seeing it. I know you've been working hard to get it sea worthy and i believe you're several events ahead of schedule. I'm going to try to be at Coulon by 9:30, sooner if i can. Will catch the 7:30 Mukilteo ferry. See you on the water!
              Kent & Diane
              '58 Westerner

Comment

We'll be at Coulon @ 9:30

Morning All,
                Thought we would pass this year as I have been really busy on a different type of project (building an Outlaw Street Stock race car), and the cold weather.The sunshine yesterday prompted our decision to un tarp the Seafair Sunliner and spend some time on the water. Looking forward to a great day!
                Gordon & Cheryl
                Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Working...
                X