Fly wheel Puller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly wheel Puller

I got to looking at my 1966 Merc 1000 SS today, figured I had better figure out soon why it doesn't run. Well I found that it has a broken drive belt for the distributer. I called Performance Marine in Everett and they have one for $34.00, but I do not have a fly wheel puller. They did not have one anymore that they rent, so I am looking for ideas on how to get the flywheel of or who may have one for rent.

Dave
    Lake Stevens
    Dave Wickline
    1967 Jeepster Convertible
    1957 Bell Boy 16' Convertible

Go down to your local auto parts store and for less than thecost of the belt buy a harmonic balancer puller. It will do the job and you'll have it for the next time...
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Chuck I have a harmonic balancer puller but there are no threaded holes in the flywheel. It needs a puller that will mount to the 1 1/2 inch female pipe thread that is at the center of the flywheel.
      Dave Wickline

Comment

I forgot it's a Merc...
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

have you tried seaway marine in seattle or harbor marine in everett?maybe even harbor freight tools. would that be big enough?

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...set-32184.html
          Attached Files

unknown year 10ft hydro
          1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

Machanic in Marysville

There is a guy that advertises on Craigs List who says he works on old Mercs. You may be able to pull your boat to his house, flip him a 20 and your golden.

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas guys. I was able to barrow one from Performance Marine in Everett where I bought the new belt. They just had me leave a credit card deposit and then cleared it when I returned the tool. I was also able to order keys for my control boxes that were missing keys from there a few weeks ago. It was less then 3 dollars for 2 new keys.

I got the new belt on this afternoon but have not had a chance to try and fire it up yet. I think I got it right but the manual I have is for a slightly different motor so my marks on the fly wheel are a bit different.

Thanks for all the help.
              Dave Wickline

Comment

Working...
              X