Mr. Bill to the rescue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bill to the rescue

I was having some problems with My Homelight not charging the battery and Would not Idle in gear with out dieing after a minute or so. Got some tune up parts and headed for Bills place. He tested all the components and was stumped because everything checked out Okay except it did not show a charge to the battery so it had to be the generator ? When we pulled off the flywheel I heard him say "I just thought of something" He took a screwdriver and stuck it to the magnet on the inside of the flywheel and it barely stuck, he went and got another and it stuck so that it was hard to pull off. Somehow mine got demagnetized and would not send off a charge. He put another one on and away we went with Max. charge to my battery. In my wildest dreams I would never have imagined that would be the problem. He said that was the first one that he had ever seen do that. Now I'm back up and running with freshly tuned motor.
    Sure glad he lives close !! Thanks Bill :boater1:
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Got one here that I had the same problem with last year, changed out the flywheel with a spare and problem solved!
    Dick Johnson
    1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
    '57 Evinrude 18hp
    '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
    '72 Johnson 6hp
    '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
    '65 Homelite 55
    '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
    '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Bill has saved me on a couple of occassions, meeting me at the ferry at odd hours and a moments notice. Even once he met me with a brand new powerhead when the motor I bought on ebay threw a rod. And I thought I was saving money the first time around.

Then when I decided that the Bearcat just did not have enough power Bill set me up with a Mercury 1000 and pointed me in the direction of Thom (aka Dr. Frankenmerc) who has also helped as I have learned more about outboard motors then I ever wanted to.

It has been people like Bill and Thom and many others here that have made my jump into the boating world enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
      X