This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homelite graphics source

When I did the cosmetic work on my Homelite I worked up CAD files for the graphics I needed and had Bend signs in Oregon do them for me. They did a great job and their prices are reasonable. (Please contact them for a quote, mine were done with a bunch of other stuff and I don't remember individual prices)

They do a lot of work for folks restoring vintage stuff and understand the importance of getting it right. They have files ready to print for the following:

1) Homelite 55 and Bearcat 55 hood side graphics for the "bumper sticker" hoods, available in plain and (the original) reflective.

2) "Fifty-Five" graphic for the front of the hood

3) "Homelite Safety-Mate" for the control

4) The "Ahead & Astern" arc and "4 Cycle" graphics for the control

These graphics were drawn line-by-line and are exact duplicates of the originals, not "pretty close fonts skewed in Photoshop".

You can find their contact info at: http://www.e-decals.com/contact_e-decals.php

They can also do a great job of custom graphics for your engine, boat name, etc.

Link to Picture and prices

http://home.comcast.net/~273cl72/pwp...Decals.JPG.bmp

Credit for the pictures goes to Darrel, I just provided the "Home" for it.
    Dick Johnson
    1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
    '57 Evinrude 18hp
    '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
    '72 Johnson 6hp
    '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
    '65 Homelite 55
    '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
    '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

A couple of notes on the image Dick provided the link to:

The Homelite Safety-Mate graphic is shown against a black background so it shows up, the actual graphic is white with no background.

The arched Sabrecraft graphic and the red/chrome spears fit a Mercury Ride-Guide wheel, lots of those wheels in use out there. If you have one you could have your boat make, name etc instead of "Sabrecraft" in the arc, or a different color in the wheel spears.

Also, the hood side graphics are available with "Bearcat" instead of "Homelite", Mary has the files for those too. And if I remember correctly it was about another ten bucks to have the hood side graphics done on 3m reflective material, as the originals were.

Tim

Here's a few photos of how they look applied. After opening the photo of the wheel, click on it and it will open even larger so you can see more detail.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok Dick who makes those decals. So someone could order them?. My buddy has a bear cat and I may be getting 2 of them.
        Mike aka pathfinderz1
        Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinderz1, post: 14901
          Ok Dick who makes those decals. So someone could order them?. My buddy has a bear cat and I may be getting 2 of them.
          Mike aka pathfinderz1
          Mike,

Tim has all the contact info in the first message of this thread.
          Dick Johnson
          '57 Evinrude 18hp
          '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
          '72 Johnson 6hp
          '65 Homelite 55
          '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
          '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

If I remember right my buddy has a 55 Bear Cat 1962 besides the decals on the sides are there any other dacall on the hoof or leg of the motor?
            Mike aka parhfinderz1

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinderz1, post: 14912
              If I remember right my buddy has a 55 Bear Cat 1962 besides the decals on the sides are there any other decal on the hoof or leg of the motor?
              Mike aka parhfinderz1
              No decal on the hoof or leg of the motor.
              Dick Johnson
              '57 Evinrude 18hp
              '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
              '72 Johnson 6hp
              '65 Homelite 55
              '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
              '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

OK Missspelled Hood wrong
                Now lets try this again are there and other decals on the hood beside the big ones on each side.
                Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinderz1, post: 14921
                  OK Missspelled Hood wrong
                  Now lets try this again are there and other decals on the hood beside the big ones on each side.
                  Mike aka pathfinderz1
                  Okay I'm game to try again When you said Hoof thought you were referring to leg in another way. With this graphics set there is the gold decal "Fifty-Five" that goes on the front of the Hood. It is pictured in my link. If you have an "F" block there is also the the the instruction decal for draining the block which goes on the pan. I also think there is one that shows the oil drain, I'll have to check that on my late engine which is put away for the winter.
                  Dick Johnson
                  '57 Evinrude 18hp
                  '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
                  '72 Johnson 6hp
                  '65 Homelite 55
                  '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
                  '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is and F block. and it may be a 1964. The motor is at my buddys place now. Can do much work on it here to dam cold and windy. All my boat and motor stuff is on hold till spring. Now its my snowmobiles. I have a 1972 Evinrude snowmobile and 2 almost as old Sno Jets. One thing nice is I get to play with Evinrudes summer and winter.
                    Just for the fun of it heres a shot of the Evinrunde
                    Thanks
                    Mike aka pathfinderz1

Comment

Hey Tim, how about the starting instructions for the control unit?
                      Also, could someone explain how the choke is supposed to work on the ignition switch. My control has an aftermarket automotive ignition switch; turn the key counter-clockwise for acc., turn the key clockwise to first position for acc./ignition, then continue to turn clockwise to start, and release back to acc./ignition.
                      I think the choke should be energized in the start position, is this wright?

Comment

No starting instructions

I didn't have them do the starting instructions, if you could find the right wording they should be able to make that up without any problem.

The Homelite choke control is a "push the key" type, you turn the key to the on position, push it in to activate the choke and turn it to start. If you identify the choke wire you can wire it to a momentary contact pushbutton switch.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                        X