55 DIY parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 DIY parts

Anyone run accross these plastic bushings? They are for the shift shaft, and mine were made of plastic. The inside one was melted a bit and the outside one broke upon removal. I didn't even bother with OEM, I just made my own from some oversized bushings. They should outlast the rest of the unit.
    Attached Files

Prop Nut

I needed a good prop nut so I made one, a bit better than plastic. I guess I didn't have to put 4 holes in it, but oh well. It's got a stainless screw with a stainless nylock nut instead of a cotter pin.
    Attached Files

Comment

Dang, you do nice work.

Comment

chillin wit da homies

Very nice, gotta be worth a couple mph?? You sure could use it!

Comment

Yea, just wait'til you see my nitrous setup with 100hp system.

Comment

Awesome!

Thank you for the great parts for our Homelite 55-Darrel. The billet aluminum prop nut and bronze badge will be a perfect compliment to the black and white color scheme of the custom Fageol 55 that will be hanging off of our '55 Bell Boy Express 16.

If you need any custom turned parts for your motor give Darmandude a shout.

P.S. I am waiting to see your nitrous option...:shocked4:
            Attached Files

Comment

Ditto on the awesome, Dude

Greg was kind enough to snag me one of the prop nuts, what a beautiful piece of work!

Now I'll have to polish my prop or it will look bad next to it. And then the lower unit will need to be repainted or it will look bad .. and then the upper end won't be as nice ...

Gee, thanks a lot!

Tim

Comment

Thanks guy's! I'll keep posting DIY parts, as I need them or, as anyone else needs them. I'll also be posting pic's of my 55 soon.
                Oh yea, Greg, that nitrous set-up was just a little sarcasm bleeding through. If you want to see a nitrous set-up, I'll show you some pic's of my 1979 AMC Spirit (car) with an Olds 455!!VeryBigSmile

Comment

Working...
                X