What am I looking at?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I looking at?

Selling my truck with the electric boat loader and will now trailer my 12 foot aluminum boat. Part of the reason for getting rid of the truck was that Becky and I found it was about all we could do to lift the outboard (75 pounds) in and out of truck. So, I've avoided 4 cycle motors because of their weight but now I can leave the motor on the boat, I'm looking at an older Honda 7.5 for power. A friend has a 7.5 Honda that he took in trade and has no idea of year or value. I told him I could probably get some idea. Doesn't look in too bad shape. Haven't looked for serial number yet. It is one of those all white rounded hood type. He said he got it from a guy he trusted who said it was a good running motor but he needed a long shaft for his sailboat. Now I'm guessing it has seen a lot of saltwater use as it came from a house on Chuckanut Drive. With this tiny bit of info, can anyone give me a fairly good guess at its age and value?
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Jerry:
    It's an 80's motor, listen to it run and watch for a strong water pump stream, and then offer him 500. expect to do a water pump. Other than that, they run well for a long time as long as you flush them out.
    ChuckB
    "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Thanks Chuck. Now if I could only figure out where to find $500. I was hoping it would be more like $300. Well, just bought my first Honda vehicle (2006 Ridgeline) and have always been impressed with their quality. Oh, yah, and there was the Honda Silverwing followed by my Honda Goldwing.
      There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.":shocked4:

1957 Skagit Express Cruiser Rosario

Comment

Offer what you have; and 350 four, 550 four, and a Bf 50, yeah I like honda, I have a '06 9.9 to embarass the Ford in case it wants to die on me...
        chuckB
        "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

I have a 3 hondas 10, 8.7.5 hpand they all run great. The 8hp I have and a 10 1/2 alumimum and can troll for 5 hours on less the 3 gals of gas. Just change the oil and make sure it pumps water. These motor are quit also
          Mike aka pathfinderz1
          Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Working...
          X