Tee Nee Trailer Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tee Nee Trailer Restoration

I've been up to my neck trying to get the trailer I bought from Marty Restored so when I get the final coat of paint on the bottom of the Falls Flyer I can flip it over on the new trailer and not have to move it again till it goes in the water. I had a Tee Nee trailer that came with the boat but it had a different roller configuration that was installed when they built the trailer. There was no way to remove the old rollers with out having to either cut the trailer in half or cut the rollers off and drill the frame to remove the pins ? Lot of work either way. When Marty's came up it had a different type of roller configuration and was in alot better shape than mine. Most of the main parts were the same so now I have 4 fenders, two winch stands , Etc . So now I'm completely stripping Marty's down and figuring the best parts to make one good trailer. In the shop where I rent a space for the Dorsett we have an empty bay that I can use for about two weeks so the pressure is on. Got everything taken off the trailer and had it sand blasted. Forward piece with the coupler had been broken or bent and had a dual bolt repair done to it. I removed that piece and got a new 3" pipe to fit and a new coupler. Got everything primed and all the small pieces were bead blasted - primed and painted. Melanie came over and switched the hubs and bearing buddies off the old trailer and I have a set of new bearings coming. Every piece is ready to put back together. Painted a coat of primer on the frame and a coat of yellow over that. Monday Melanie and I are going to drill and fit the new steel and coupler then spray a final coat of yellow on the frame. With this heat it will dry real nice and it's always fun putting the pieces back together. Spent almost as much on Stainless bolts and washers then I paid for the trailer but everything will be brand new. Figured I'd start a new thread since this wasn't really part of the Flyer restoration. Also have Thom ( Frankenmerc ) putting me in the cycle for a 1959 - Merc 58AE Motor. If the one he is checking out for me is good I should have that done by next spring for the launch. Now both of my trailers have been owned by Marty at one time or another.
    First picture is my original trailer note the rollers down the center .
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Sand blasted

Here are a few pictures of the post blasting and the primer starting to go on.

Dorsett looks on in the background :Underconstruction1:
    Attached Files
    Rick & Sarah

Comment

Mellow Yellow !!

Starting to get the yellow going and it's starting to look like a Tee Nee Trailer again. Monday is the final coat. I'll post some pictures - hopefully it all goes well . Just using Rustolium "Sunburst Yellow " Never sprayed that before. It's nice because it comes in an oil based paint and also matching rattle cans for the small pieces and touch up.
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

Comment

:cool1:
        Great job on that trailer. It's going to look real sweet once done. There's got to be some decals out there somewhere to finish it off.

My TeeNee was pretty bad off. The two 'forks' that go from the axel to the centerline were bent like hockey sticks and new tires would last maybe 40 miles before the tread was gone and the air was showing. Spent two weeks this summer beating the axel straight and getting the wheels lined up. So far so good.

Great job, keep it up!
        '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Axel

If you look at the one in the picture is yours the same ?? If so, I have an extra ? Hubs- springs shocks Etc. Complete
          Sell it cheap ! :Bigdriving1:
          I have the decals and I also have the tail light extensions that mount on the fenders,
          Rick & Sarah

Comment

Got her sprayed

Thanks to the Master painter " Melanie " we got the trailer sprayed with the final coat of yellow. We also got all the holes drilled and the new bow piece mounted. It sure rained hard today and found a couple holes in the roof that I did not know about :Raining:. Got a good splash on one of the freshly painted fenders. Thank you Melanie for the help today - could not have done it with-out you. Now the fun part starts putting all the freshly colored pieces back on.
            Attached Files
            Rick & Sarah

Comment

Rick,

My TeeNee looks all the same except for the bow stanchion, fenders and roller bunks. Does "Hubs- springs shocks Etc. Complete" mean the whole rolling bouncy part?

Mine's structurally ok from the top of the shocks on up. Everything below that, suspension, axel, hubs and the like, are currently beaten kind of strait. Looks like its previous life was running moonshine through corn fields and irrigation ditches. :Cop1:
              '59 Clippercraft, 35 hp Evinrude

Comment

Suspension

Whole axle assembly that you would bolt to the frame . I included a picture of the one I'm keeping and I have another just like it that I don't need. Of course it's not painted up real nice but it's in good shape and all the pieces are there - Hubs, coils, shocks , bars etc. It's the one on the trailer in the picture
                Attached Files
                Rick & Sarah

Comment

Rick, Looking real good ! Those blocks from Lowes sure do come in handy. Chuck
                  1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                  1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Re-assembly in process

Putting it all back together with all new Stainless bolts, washers Etc. Red highlights to match the Red interior of the Larson and the Red stripe down the side. Also working on Red Merc 58AE. ?? Won't take long to put it together - Holds my weight - so far so good :eating1:

Thanks again for the help with the assembly Melanie - didn't scratch it up too bad !
                    Attached Files
                    Rick & Sarah

Comment

Looks nice, I like the red accents. That combo will be hard to miss for sure.

Comment

That turned out pretty sweet for sure.
                        Its bright, but so bright that it needs a volume control :GoodJob:
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen
                        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Almost done

Just have to wire the lights figure out what I want to do to cover the bunks - carpet or plastic and final assembly , been a fun project ! If anybody is doing a Tee Nee Trailer my shocks had a name and number I could read - Gabriel # 18373
                          Attached Files
                          Rick & Sarah

Comment

Let there be light !

Melanie came by today and got the lights wired up and working. Put a few more pieces back on and some small details in place. Wheels back on and rolled her outside for a picture in the sun. Tail light extensions on the fenders came out nice. Got the bolts for the rollers left to put on and finish the bunks and then the jack & winch stand then it's back to the flyer to get the bottom finished and roll it over on the new trailer.
                            Attached Files
                            Rick & Sarah

Comment

Let There be Light !..Huh ? Well Fella, i can give you some light on another trailer project for this winter. Super nice looking ! Chuck
                              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
                              X