Regarding ABMI.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding ABMI.com

I visited the website and unfortunately an illness is forcing them to sell. I think I'll stick with Ed, he's super nice. I wish Adventure all the luck. I pulled the power head and will start tearing into the motor soon. I hope I'm not doin' this!

Just Bearcat FYI

Well you know, those are not for everyone.

They are NOT hot rod engines so if you plan on putting that on a 20 Skagit with the thinking your going to push it around, well, your not going to be pleased. :snail1:
    You were talking about not having any boats under 20 feet so is the reason I brought this up.:Runaway1:

The Boston Whaler boats used Two of them.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Bearcats

You are correct Helmar ! Nice cruising motors and great idlers but not speedsters or power mongers . Even on my 17' Skagit it took awhile to get up on plane and with a big guy in the other seat it was a struggle. When it did plane I could get about 20 M.P.H. maybe 22 with the wind at my back . When I cruised with a group I ended up in the back of the pack with all the waves and prop wash wishing I could go faster. I liked the fact I could drop it in Lake Whatcom and it was a cool looking smooth running motor. Would not reccomend on a 20' Skagit unless you had two
      Attached Files
      Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

I probably am the big guy in the other seat

Comment

'66 Bearcat

Actuall, I'm going to put the motor on a 15' flat bottom skiff. I never intended to "race" with this engine. All the other boats I looked at were rated for 10, 15, and 25 h.p. This skiff is rated for 50 h.p. If it gets up to 30 mph, great. If not, that's o.k., too. My next project is to build a classic 18' runabout. I haven't designed yet, so it's a ways off. I gotta tell ya, these forums are great. I'm really excited about rebuilding this Bearcat. It took me awhile to find this site, but, it was well worth it. Anyway, i'll keep you posted on the teardown.

Comment

Working...
          X