New 2009 Event Idea...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2009 Event Idea...

NWCBC member Richard Amberson lives in Federal Way, owns a beautifully restored 1960 Thompson Sea Coaster (lapstrake outboard runbout), and is eager to get involved in club events...but he's one of those sometimes-envied guys who does not own or use a computer.

(Now and then, Richard runs over to his son's place to check on this website, but that's the extent of his computer use.)

In any case, Richard sent me a letter and called a few times. He wants to organize a 2009 NWCBC on-the-water event for Saturday, May 16, and I told him I'd float the idea on the message board, just to see who might be interested in participating.

The plan would be for folks to launch at Point Defiance in Tacoma, and cruise the Foss Waterway, docking for lunch at the spiffy new docks at Foss Waterway Seaport, home of the Working Waterfront Museum (which has been completely rebuilt since we had a club meeting there two years ago). After lunch, we'd cruise across the Sound to Quartermaster Harbor, a nicely protected body of water at the south end of Vashon Island...and then optionally tour nearby Gig Harbor and its many marinas before returning to the ramp at Point Defiance.

So, whaddaya think? Does this sound like a worthwhile event...and who might want to participate? (This will be two weeks after the Opening Day Parade, so, seasonally speaking, members should be eager to get on the water again.)

Please indicate your level of potential interest--or lack thereof--and I'll pass the word to our enthusiastic-but-computerless member, Richard Amberson.

Thanks,

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

This sounds like a fun event. Exploring, always into that.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Sounds like an interesting and fun way to spend a day away from work. I'm interested. Barry

Comment

Definitely interested. Now to convince my much better half that it will be their early birthday gift,May 17th,yeah that should work.
        1958 Skagit 20 Offshore hardtop cruiser "Kanigo"

Comment

Working...
        X